Greetings from Huntington Beach, CA

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
tugboat
Just Whelped
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:54 am
Tell us about yourself: Adopted my dog Charlie about 4 months ago. She seems to be a Dutch Shepard mix. She is AWESOME. I'm fully in love with this dog and can't believe that she was 1 day away from being put down.

Greetings from Huntington Beach, CA

Post by tugboat »

Hi, I'm so glad to find you guys. I adopted my puppy about 4 months ago. On her papers it says a 'German Shepherd Mix' but she really looks like a Dutch Shepherd mix. Her name is Charlie and is soo cool. Everyone asks what breed she is and we just say she's a puppy.. But from seeing these pictures I really think she is a Dutch Shepherd.
We live downtown Huntington Beach and she is the queen of the neighborhood. In 4 short months everyone knows our puppy and says hi (she hangs out on the porch and front yard).
Anyway take a look see if you see what I see.
We're guessing she's about 13 months. Charlie is small about 30 lbs and shows no signs of getting any bigger.
Attachments
porch.jpg
charlie-sm.jpg
IMG00589.jpg
charlie-daves-office.jpg
IMG00590.jpg
User avatar
tugboat
Just Whelped
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:54 am
Tell us about yourself: Adopted my dog Charlie about 4 months ago. She seems to be a Dutch Shepard mix. She is AWESOME. I'm fully in love with this dog and can't believe that she was 1 day away from being put down.

Re: Greetings from Huntington Beach, CA

Post by tugboat »

all the pictures she's sitting down, which is very misleading.. she's always on the go. Charlie loves running (I run her 3-4 miles a night, well she runs and I ride my bike--fast), excellent playing catch and amazingly gentle with kids. Can't believe this girl was 1 day away from being put down. this is my first puppy and now I totally get 'puppy love'. Anyway, she does have a chewing and jumping up on people problem. We're working through it. any tips are welcome.
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Greetings from Huntington Beach, CA

Post by icvanstra »

Congratulations on your new friend and welcome to the group.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Greetings from Huntington Beach, CA

Post by leih merigian »

What a cute pup! Glad you found us.

I'll let the experts comment on the possible DS connection...

Perhaps you could go to the user control panel and create a signature, so we know what your name is? (It'll automatically add it at the bottom of your posts...).
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Post Reply