Yes... a LOT of Blood. Just got a cut worthy of stitches on my thumb. Sharp sharp teeth. I always forget just how sharp they are. These guys are particularly bad as they don't just like clothing in their mouth, if they bite you and only get your pants or shirt, they rebite until they get flesh, and then clamp down as hard as they can!
I have always wanted to move out to Colorado since I can remember

Last year, we had the chance to move wherever we wanted with my husband's job. We immediately choose Colorado. We rent a home in metro Denver until we find a home with acreage to purchase in the foothills. I will never move anywhere else. The weather here is AMAZING compared to MI. We get 300+ days of sunshine a year, very low humidity, and LONG summers (its's been in the 80's since May and JUST now starting to cool down) And even though it gets hot in the summer, the nights are cool, so you leave your windows open and close em in the morning and don't even have to use A/C. And winters are mild compared to what people expect (average temps in the mid 40's here in Denver in Dec/Jan/Feb) The people here are really nice, you go hiking and EVERYONE says hi. Cost of living isn't too different, housing is higher, but food, utilities and gas are cheaper, so we've found it to be about the same. and don't even get me started on how DOG FRIENDLY this state is!!! Almost all restaurants have dog friendly patios, many stores will let you bring your dogs in, there are I think 30 dog parks (not that i use them) and oh all the hiking trails! In Boulder, you can get a tag that lets your dog be off leash pretty much anywhere after testing for control/OB. Pretty much everyone here owns a dog, and people always stop to chat about dogs with me when I have mine. Food out here is great! There are so many amazing restaurants, and we have such better/healthier options at the grocery stores!
Haha, maybe I should work for the state of Colorado, getting people to move here dept! I will stop, but seriously, we LOVE it here. Only thing I miss is the water (Lake Michigan especially!) but my parents still have a lakehouse there that we can visit every summer!