Page 1 of 2

A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:02 am
by Lauren
Thor is just a natural! He has got it going on. No biting, no lunging, he listens to the instructor and does not need a lead (even though it is only his second time out)!
IMG_1405.jpg
IMG_1405.jpg (81.62 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
IMG_1406.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg (74.99 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
IMG_1409.jpg
IMG_1409.jpg (76.74 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
Look at the grin on his face! Erin, the instructor can't stop smiling either...He watches so calmly by the side when others are working and sure learns a lot that way!

Xena, a few weeks shy of a year just started working off line today! THAT is really a major accomplishment for her!!! She is no longer biting at all and her "lie down" is so good that is almost all that I caught on film!
IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
IMG_1420.jpg
IMG_1420.jpg (69.53 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
I hope the movie turns out. It was not of our best moments, but does show my girl using SELF CONTROL! Can you believe it? (now I just have to figure out how to post it) :D :D :D

And what do Dutchies do after all that herding work? Relax with their favorite kitty and let her kiss their ears!
IMG_1424.jpg
IMG_1424.jpg (50.04 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
:love:

I am one proud mom tonight! :mrgreen:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 am
by Sugars Mom
Proud indeed! That is super!

What a pair of cuties...and the cat too.

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:57 pm
by felixone123
nice pics!! Thor is getting so big already. That is so cool that he really likes to herd - maybe Xena can learn a few things from him since he is calmer in spirit.
looking forward to the video and love the shot of the 2 dogs and kitty - so sweet!!

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Awww what great pictures!!

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 pm
by Marjolein
Nice pictures!

But...are those sheep naked :shock: Thor is just a little toddler... :? I dunno bout that.... :roll:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 pm
by Lauren
Marjolein wrote:Nice pictures!

But...are those sheep naked :shock: Thor is just a little toddler... :? I dunno bout that.... :roll:


:lol: :lol: :lol:


He has been exposed to all sorts of horrors since he has come to live with us. ;) :lol:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 pm
by Marjolein
Lauren wrote:
Marjolein wrote:Nice pictures!

But...are those sheep naked :shock: Thor is just a little toddler... :? I dunno bout that.... :roll:


:lol: :lol: :lol:


He has been exposed to all sorts of horrors since he has come to live with us. ;) :lol:
poor thing...
:lol: :lol:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 pm
by felixone123
:lol: I just noticed that they ARE completely naked - good eye Marjolein!! Thor - close your eyes!!

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:31 am
by leih merigian
What a great boy! Good Luna, too! Woo hoo!

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:02 pm
by alspyce
Looks like sooo much fun with real sheep! Lyric has to settle for learning to herd her ball----we are sooo jealous! Beautiful pictures of beautiful dogs!

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:57 pm
by chimere
good job :wtg:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:33 pm
by vneerland
Cool! 8-)

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:01 pm
by GSDNanny
You all are so funny! Those arent naked sheep, they are hair sheep, like my St.Croix X Katahdins. In hot humid areas (I'm in Louisiana - think swamp), woolies just dont thrive and their upkeep and health concerns are nearly impossible to maintain. So we have 'hair sheep', they actually shed like people do. I will have to get pics of my little herd and the new lambies for sure.

Naked sheep indeed....funny folks you are!! :lol:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:07 pm
by GSDNanny
I am so excited to see a DS herding and Thor is definitely a natural. Please please keep us up on his progress. Isnt it fun to watch?! :squee: :muffy: :ds:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 pm
by Marjolein
GSDNanny wrote: So we have 'hair sheep', they actually shed like people do.
?? I do not shed :shock: Do I? Nor do I look like a naked sheep! :? :idea: Or are they all old male sheep? :lol:
You mean they shed like dogs do? You lost me... :insane:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:36 pm
by alspyce
What is the purpose of sheep with no wool? Just curious.

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:50 am
by GSDNanny
alspyce wrote:What is the purpose of sheep with no wool? Just curious.

Meat.

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 am
by GSDNanny
Marjolein wrote:
GSDNanny wrote: So we have 'hair sheep', they actually shed like people do.
?? I do not shed :shock: Do I? Nor do I look like a naked sheep! :? :idea: Or are they all old male sheep? :lol:
You mean they shed like dogs do? You lost me... :insane:
You crack me up!!! :lol: :lol: Have you ever looked at your hair brush? :whistle: Probably better referred to as shedding like dogs. :stickman: :P

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 pm
by alspyce
GSDNanny wrote:
alspyce wrote:What is the purpose of sheep with no wool? Just curious.

Meat.
Ahhh! Dog Food and herding all in one package--very convenient! :lol:

Re: A few shots of our herding today..

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:11 pm
by Marjolein
GSDNanny wrote: You crack me up!!! :lol: :lol: Have you ever looked at your hair brush? :whistle: Probably better referred to as shedding like dogs. :stickman: :P
Yes, I lose some hair everyday, I know :D But a dog looses A LOT twice a year, that could make them look naked. That's different shedding...right? So these sheep grow hair, and loose all of it, to grow back new? Or do they look this naked year round? :roll: