Page 1 of 2
Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:16 pm
by Dutchringgirl
I love how much bigger Sadie is than Thalie. They are like Laurel and Hardey.
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 pm
by felixone123

tht is too funny. where did she get those legs from? I wish I had legs that long

Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:25 pm
by Dutchringgirl
haha, she is like a spider, all leg.
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Supermodel legs. LOL!
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 pm
by Sugars Mom
Ha ha, Laurel and Hardy....funny!
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
I noticed how tall she looked sitting in the birthday party pics you posted for Thalie.
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 pm
by Marjolein
Sugars Mom wrote:
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
I was thinking the same thing...but if that is true, than howecome Thalie is the better listening one?

Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:34 am
by leih merigian
Very cool pic!
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:06 am
by Sugars Mom
Marjolein wrote:Sugars Mom wrote:
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
I was thinking the same thing...but if that is true, than howecome Thalie is the better listening one?

Bigger is not always better?

Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 am
by Dutchringgirl
In Sadies world, hearing dosnt always mean listen.

Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:19 pm
by alspyce
Thalie's more my type---I prefer the old fashioned quarter horse version, shorter and stockier, with nice fat butts.

Sadie is still changing and maturing, so eventually the ears (hearing) may work better--
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:10 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Sadie is like my basset hounds, they do hear, but sometimes choose not to

. I also prefer the Quarter horse type ( Thalie) too, I knew it was a crap shoot adopting Sadie, but I have to say, watching her jump around ( very uncoordinated) and run is worth every bit. The legs still go all different ways. I dont think her brain is attached to the rear, the front will go but the rear lands somewhere else.
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm
by alspyce
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:40 pm
by Marjolein
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:42 am
by Dutchringgirl
Marjolein wrote:\
Apparently it does not have any function?? Maybe Judith can explain this to us??

Radar??
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 pm
by Marjolein
Radar...mmmhhh, that could be it, yes...

Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:01 pm
by vneerland
Cute side by side comparison.
Nope. Not all KNPV lines have big ears.
I know of a few that are very talented KNPV dogs, getting full scores more than once, even during competitions, yet still have modest ears.
Let's just say that in KNPV, the emphasis is not on what the dog looks like (Lord help us, that is sometimes very obvious)

but how hard the decoy gets hit by the on storming dog.

I have never heard a decoy complain that the dog had big ears. Only that the dog hit him @ss over tea kettle.

Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:46 pm
by Marjolein
I knew you were going to say that
why have you hidden this Nico pic for so long?? Handsome youngster

How old is he here, 2? 3 maybe?
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:34 pm
by WorkingK9
Love them all.. Nico looks alot like K..

I prefer the blocky/stocky look personally, but love them all

Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 pm
by Dutchringgirl
wow, Nico looks like he packs a hard punch. I think I got alot of chuckles when Thalie was on the field, she was very dainty and a light hitter but held the bite and a sharp out.
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:19 am
by vneerland
Marjolein wrote:I knew you were going to say that
why have you hidden this Nico pic for so long?? Handsome youngster

How old is he here, 2? 3 maybe?
Uhm. He would have been 5 or 6 in that shot. I feel sure it was after he became KNPV champion in 2002. Either this was at a PH 2 selection trial, which would have been 2004 (he was an automatic competitor in 2003) or maybe the Object guard trial for 2003, during which he qualified for the Object guard nationals too that year. He did age very well though, and does not look middle aged in this picture.
WorkingK9 wrote:Love them all.. Nico looks alot like K..

I prefer the blocky/stocky look personally, but love them all

Hmm. Maybe K looks like Nico then?

(though I didn't think 'we' were related?)