Sadie and Thalie
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Sadie and Thalie
I love how much bigger Sadie is than Thalie. They are like Laurel and Hardey.
- Attachments
-
- sadie_thalie.jpeg (229.44 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Sadie and Thalie
haha, she is like a spider, all leg.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Supermodel legs. LOL!
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Ha ha, Laurel and Hardy....funny!
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
I noticed how tall she looked sitting in the birthday party pics you posted for Thalie.
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
I noticed how tall she looked sitting in the birthday party pics you posted for Thalie.
Sue (and Sugar)

- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Sadie and Thalie
I was thinking the same thing...but if that is true, than howecome Thalie is the better listening one?Sugars Mom wrote:
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Very cool pic!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Bigger is not always better?Marjolein wrote:I was thinking the same thing...but if that is true, than howecome Thalie is the better listening one?Sugars Mom wrote:
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
Sue (and Sugar)

- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Sadie and Thalie
In Sadies world, hearing dosnt always mean listen. 
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Thalie's more my type---I prefer the old fashioned quarter horse version, shorter and stockier, with nice fat butts.
Sadie is still changing and maturing, so eventually the ears (hearing) may work better--
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Sadie is like my basset hounds, they do hear, but sometimes choose not to
. I also prefer the Quarter horse type ( Thalie) too, I knew it was a crap shoot adopting Sadie, but I have to say, watching her jump around ( very uncoordinated) and run is worth every bit. The legs still go all different ways. I dont think her brain is attached to the rear, the front will go but the rear lands somewhere else.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Dutchringgirl wrote:I dont think her brain is attached to the rear, the front will go but the rear lands somewhere else.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Sadie and Thalie
aha!Dutchringgirl wrote:In Sadies world, hearing dosnt always mean listen.

- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Radar??Marjolein wrote:\
Apparently it does not have any function?? Maybe Judith can explain this to us??![]()
![]()
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Cute side by side comparison.
I know of a few that are very talented KNPV dogs, getting full scores more than once, even during competitions, yet still have modest ears.
Let's just say that in KNPV, the emphasis is not on what the dog looks like (Lord help us, that is sometimes very obvious)
but how hard the decoy gets hit by the on storming dog.
I have never heard a decoy complain that the dog had big ears. Only that the dog hit him @ss over tea kettle. 
Nope. Not all KNPV lines have big ears.Marjolein wrote:aha!So why do they breed all KNPV lines with big ears? Apparently it does not have any function?? Maybe Judith can explain this to us??
![]()
![]()
I know of a few that are very talented KNPV dogs, getting full scores more than once, even during competitions, yet still have modest ears.
Let's just say that in KNPV, the emphasis is not on what the dog looks like (Lord help us, that is sometimes very obvious)
- Attachments
-
- Nico van Neerland
- Nicoeyeb1.jpg (124.01 KiB) Viewed 2370 times
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Sadie and Thalie
I knew you were going to say that
why have you hidden this Nico pic for so long?? Handsome youngster
How old is he here, 2? 3 maybe?
why have you hidden this Nico pic for so long?? Handsome youngster
- WorkingK9
- Puppy
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:40 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Have rescued and trained dogs for most of my life, rescued high drive, aggressive dogs and gave them a job to do.
I currently have a dutch shepherd I am training dual purpose and PSA (one of Katrina's pups) - Location: Northern VA / Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Love them all.. Nico looks alot like K.. 
I prefer the blocky/stocky look personally, but love them all
I prefer the blocky/stocky look personally, but love them all
=============
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Sadie and Thalie
wow, Nico looks like he packs a hard punch. I think I got alot of chuckles when Thalie was on the field, she was very dainty and a light hitter but held the bite and a sharp out.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Sadie and Thalie
Uhm. He would have been 5 or 6 in that shot. I feel sure it was after he became KNPV champion in 2002. Either this was at a PH 2 selection trial, which would have been 2004 (he was an automatic competitor in 2003) or maybe the Object guard trial for 2003, during which he qualified for the Object guard nationals too that year. He did age very well though, and does not look middle aged in this picture.Marjolein wrote:I knew you were going to say that![]()
![]()
why have you hidden this Nico pic for so long?? Handsome youngsterHow old is he here, 2? 3 maybe?
Hmm. Maybe K looks like Nico then?WorkingK9 wrote:Love them all.. Nico looks alot like K..
I prefer the blocky/stocky look personally, but love them all
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 


Facebook page.