Sadie and Thalie

Have a photo you want to share?
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Sadie and Thalie

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I love how much bigger Sadie is than Thalie. They are like Laurel and Hardey.
Attachments
sadie_thalie.jpeg
sadie_thalie.jpeg (229.44 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by felixone123 »

:lol: tht is too funny. where did she get those legs from? I wish I had legs that long :lol:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Dutchringgirl »

haha, she is like a spider, all leg.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Supermodel legs. LOL!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha ha, Laurel and Hardy....funny!

Sadie is ears and legs, eh?

I noticed how tall she looked sitting in the birthday party pics you posted for Thalie.
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Marjolein »

Sugars Mom wrote:
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
I was thinking the same thing...but if that is true, than howecome Thalie is the better listening one? :chin:
Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by leih merigian »

Very cool pic!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Sugars Mom »

Marjolein wrote:
Sugars Mom wrote:
Sadie is ears and legs, eh?
I was thinking the same thing...but if that is true, than howecome Thalie is the better listening one? :chin:
Bigger is not always better? ;)
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Dutchringgirl »

In Sadies world, hearing dosnt always mean listen. :whistle:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by alspyce »

Thalie's more my type---I prefer the old fashioned quarter horse version, shorter and stockier, with nice fat butts. :mrgreen: Sadie is still changing and maturing, so eventually the ears (hearing) may work better--
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sadie is like my basset hounds, they do hear, but sometimes choose not to :whistle: . I also prefer the Quarter horse type ( Thalie) too, I knew it was a crap shoot adopting Sadie, but I have to say, watching her jump around ( very uncoordinated) and run is worth every bit. The legs still go all different ways. I dont think her brain is attached to the rear, the front will go but the rear lands somewhere else.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by alspyce »

Dutchringgirl wrote:I dont think her brain is attached to the rear, the front will go but the rear lands somewhere else.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Marjolein »

Dutchringgirl wrote:In Sadies world, hearing dosnt always mean listen. :whistle:
aha! :D So why do they breed all KNPV lines with big ears? Apparently it does not have any function?? Maybe Judith can explain this to us?? :angel: :dsrazz: :dssmile:
Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Marjolein wrote:\

Apparently it does not have any function?? Maybe Judith can explain this to us?? :angel: :dsrazz: :dssmile:
Radar??
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Marjolein »

Radar...mmmhhh, that could be it, yes... :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by vneerland »

Cute side by side comparison. :wtg:
Marjolein wrote:aha! :D So why do they breed all KNPV lines with big ears? Apparently it does not have any function?? Maybe Judith can explain this to us?? :angel: :dsrazz: :dssmile:
Nope. Not all KNPV lines have big ears. :bum:
I know of a few that are very talented KNPV dogs, getting full scores more than once, even during competitions, yet still have modest ears.

Let's just say that in KNPV, the emphasis is not on what the dog looks like (Lord help us, that is sometimes very obvious) :oops: but how hard the decoy gets hit by the on storming dog. :P I have never heard a decoy complain that the dog had big ears. Only that the dog hit him @ss over tea kettle. :g_wink:
Attachments
Nico van Neerland
Nico van Neerland
Nicoeyeb1.jpg (124.01 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Marjolein »

I knew you were going to say that :lol: :lol:

why have you hidden this Nico pic for so long?? Handsome youngster 8-) How old is he here, 2? 3 maybe?
Image
User avatar
WorkingK9
Puppy
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:40 pm
Tell us about yourself: Have rescued and trained dogs for most of my life, rescued high drive, aggressive dogs and gave them a job to do.

I currently have a dutch shepherd I am training dual purpose and PSA (one of Katrina's pups)
Location: Northern VA / Maryland
Contact:

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by WorkingK9 »

Love them all.. Nico looks alot like K.. :)
I prefer the blocky/stocky look personally, but love them all :)
=============
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by Dutchringgirl »

wow, Nico looks like he packs a hard punch. I think I got alot of chuckles when Thalie was on the field, she was very dainty and a light hitter but held the bite and a sharp out.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Sadie and Thalie

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:I knew you were going to say that :lol: :lol:
why have you hidden this Nico pic for so long?? Handsome youngster 8-) How old is he here, 2? 3 maybe?
Uhm. He would have been 5 or 6 in that shot. I feel sure it was after he became KNPV champion in 2002. Either this was at a PH 2 selection trial, which would have been 2004 (he was an automatic competitor in 2003) or maybe the Object guard trial for 2003, during which he qualified for the Object guard nationals too that year. He did age very well though, and does not look middle aged in this picture. 8-)
WorkingK9 wrote:Love them all.. Nico looks alot like K.. :)
I prefer the blocky/stocky look personally, but love them all :)
Hmm. Maybe K looks like Nico then? :lol: (though I didn't think 'we' were related?)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply