Page 1 of 1

Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:36 pm
by Jan
Hello, I am Jan, 54 years of age, and I live together with my wife and our two dogs in the north of Holland, in the small fishermenstown of Zoutkamp. We have a nine year old rough coat DS and a two year old rough coat B(elgian)Shepherd dog, a Laekenois, I'll show them to you in ''Photographs'' although some of you already know them as well as they know me.
Next year we hope to have a DS puppy again and yes, it will also be a roughcoated one. ;)
I'll try to ite in Englis as good as I can and if there might be something you on't undersand pleas tel me so I can try again.

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:43 pm
by icvanstra
Jan,

Welkom op het forum. Ik beloof om te proberen en niet mijn Nederlandse slager.

Tat ziens,
Eric

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:12 pm
by vneerland
Hallo Jan :wave:
Good to have you and your rough haired verson here.
Jan takes the most awesome pictures of his (northern) part of Holland. Gives you a real appreciation of where our breed comes from. 8-)

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:18 am
by turnnburn52984
Welcome- stunning dogs! I love to see the rough coat. :)

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:04 am
by leih merigian
Hi Jan, and welcome!

Loved your pics in the other thread...

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:44 pm
by Marjolein
Ook hier?

Welcome Jan!

Eric: keep trying... you're talking about a butcher right know.... :roll: :?:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:37 pm
by Jan
Thank you Marjolein. :wtg: I like to promote the rough cout DS in the U.S. :D :wtg:
To be serious, I think it's very nice and very interesting to read about DS abroad, especially in the U.S., that is the main reason why I entered this forum.

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:45 pm
by cake73
I don't know if they're on this forum, but there are a handful of rough coat DS in the US...
http://ruff-daykennels.blogspot.com/

Maybe we'll have even more photos of rough coat DS submitted for next year's calendar vote? :mrgreen:
Jannumbernext wrote:Thank you Marjolein. :wtg: I like to promote the rough cout DS in the U.S. :D :wtg:
To be serious, I think it's very nice and very interesting to read about DS abroad, especially in the U.S., that is the main reason why I entered this forum.

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:21 am
by turnnburn52984
I showed these pictures to my hubby- told him he has to come see the Dutch Shepherd pics! He was very confused, and said "thats not a DS....??" It was very very funny! He's read about the different coats, but never seen a good photograph.

Thanks for that link Cheryl, I"ll be sure to check it out. :)

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:33 pm
by Jan
turnnburn52984 wrote:I showed these pictures to my hubby- told him he has to come see the Dutch Shepherd pics! He was very confused, and said "thats not a DS....??" It was very very funny! He's read about the different coats, but never seen a good photograph.
Were you able to really convince him? :D :D Otherwise I invite him to visit us. ;)

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:10 pm
by icvanstra
Kelly,

Talk your husband into visiting. Not that I'm biased....BUT....it is a great country to visit.

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:19 pm
by Rochele Smit
My hubby is from the Netherlands and has taken me several times to visit his family. He grew up near Groningen, and his parents have a home on the island of Texel. It is a nice spot to visit, yum... Krokketen...Saucijzenbroodjes... mmmmm

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:30 pm
by Jan
Rochele Smit wrote:My hubby is from the Netherlands and has taken me several times to visit his family. He grew up near Groningen, and his parents have a home on the island of Texel. It is a nice spot to visit, yum... Krokketen...Saucijzenbroodjes... mmmmm
Coincedence: I was born and raised in the city of Groningen. And Zoutkamp is in the northern part of the province of Groningen. :D

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:41 pm
by icvanstra
Rochele Smit wrote:My hubby is from the Netherlands and has taken me several times to visit his family. He grew up near Groningen, and his parents have a home on the island of Texel. It is a nice spot to visit, yum... Krokketen...Saucijzenbroodjes... mmmmm
mmmm... how about Olie Bollen????