Page 1 of 2
Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:42 am
by kimkim
Hello
I am new to Fredericksburg and this forum. I have a 3 year old female Dutchie named Ember (FR1, CGC). Now that we moved due to military, I have not been able to find a ring club close by, so we are trying out PSA. So far so good. She is also doing just fine as a pet in between training

Just a little wild.
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:47 am
by Aztechalo
Welcome!
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:08 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome to the forum.
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:21 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome to you and Ember!
I live not that far from you, outside of Charlottesville. Sorry you couldn't find a ring club...there's no Mondio around here, either.
How about some pics?

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:30 pm
by syzygy
Hi, welcome! I lived in Charlottesville for a short time when I was a kid and loved it, and just spent a lot of time in Springfield recently trying to help a friend search for a lost dog. It is beautiful country! If you like hiking, take a look at the parks all around--Great for walking with the dog. I was surprised at how much beautiful wild land there is that close to DC.
You'll like it here on the Forum, too
Ellisa
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:40 pm
by cake73
Hi! Great to see you here!

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:29 pm
by Marjolein
welcome

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:10 am
by kimkim
leih merigian wrote:
How about some pics?

When I try to post a pic, it says its to big, every one. I have tried photobucket too. So I am still trying to figure how to post them on this forum

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:12 am
by syzygy
Hi! It took me a month to finally get one to post. My "Office" (Word) program would not do it for me, because it had no graphic editing options, but yours might--Eric has instructions for normal people somewhere on the forum--I think in the intro section. I finally found a simple little graphic editing program that actually came with my Canon scanner, and it lets you adjust the size of the photo--just be sure to keep the proportions--most editing software should give you that option--and use the pixel size and DPI Eric has listed. I would go find it now but I can't get back to a letter in progress without losing it if I go elsewhere on the forum in the middle of writing.
I am pretty tech-stupid but this is what I did. I would fetch the file, "save as" and rename the picture with my scanner editing program. Then adjust the size and DPI of that copy according to Eric's instructions. I then made a folder in my documents that I named Little Pix and put them all there--since the avatar size is way different than the regular post size I put that in the file name. ("tiny" is avatar, "small" for the rest.) Then I go to Photobucket and upload them, which only takes about half a day with my dialup
This would be a lot easier with a faster connection, but with patience I finally got it to work.
Ellisa
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:37 am
by kimkim
Thanks for the tips, I have a MAC, not sure if that makes a difference or not. I am trying to use photobucket. I tried to resize them too with no luck. I will keep trying though, thanks!
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:39 am
by turnnburn52984
Once you resize you have to go down to the bottom (left?) of the screen and click 'save changes'. It took me awhile to figure out that last step.
Welcome! Can't wait for pictures.

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:35 pm
by vneerland
Welcome Kimkim. Looking forward to 'meeting' your DS.
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:01 am
by kimkim
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:01 am
by kimkim
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 am
by kimkim
Hmm, I had to change the settings to thumb IMG.. I really dont know what Im doing

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:05 am
by kimkim
Still cant get the avatar to cooperate though..

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:34 pm
by icvanstra
Did you read this:
http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewt ... ?f=55&t=53
The two key elements are the sizing restrictions. then you add it to your profile
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:51 pm
by kimkim
I did it! Thanks for the help.
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm
by vneerland
Dark dark dog Kimkim. No wonder you named it Ember. I can see the gold in some pics, but it is not a whole lot. Just like glowing coals, indeed.

What is the bloodline?
Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:40 pm
by kimkim
She is out of Land of Oz Jett and a female named Dynasty. She has brindle on her legs and sides, some days you can see it more than others. I guess it depends on the light. I wanted a darker brindle with no white. Actually, you were one of the kennels I contacted when I first began the search for a dutchie, but you had no puppies at that time. It was back in Jan-Feb 2007.