Hello everyone,
I'm writing from Plymouth, UK. My other half and I have recently moved into our new home. We would like to get a Dutch Shepherd to join our little family. I've been trying to find a breeder in UK, but so far I've been unsuccessful... Does anyone here know one or perhaps is one? Or maybe can recommend someone?
Many thanks,
emka
Hello from UK!
-
emka
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Looking for a doggie! :)
Hello from UK!
Magda & Matt
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hello from UK!
Welcome here, Emka.
I don't know what your plans would be for your future DS? I don't believe there are any FCI registered ones in the UK at this time. There might not be a great need for registration papers, though, since, to the best of my knowledge, they have not been recognized by the Kennel Club yet (so showing your dog is not an option in Britain yet) There is someone who has KNPV DS's (working line, non registered) but I do not know if he/she is breeding. Holland is just a canal away though
Maybe you could find a breeder who would be willing to work with you on the import requirements?
I don't know what your plans would be for your future DS? I don't believe there are any FCI registered ones in the UK at this time. There might not be a great need for registration papers, though, since, to the best of my knowledge, they have not been recognized by the Kennel Club yet (so showing your dog is not an option in Britain yet) There is someone who has KNPV DS's (working line, non registered) but I do not know if he/she is breeding. Holland is just a canal away though
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- katie mcmanigan
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 am
- Tell us about yourself: I live in the UK with 1 labrador, 3 malinois and a dutch Shepherd called Brenda
- Contact:
Re: Hello from UK!
Hello, Emka,
We are in the UK and have an imported Dutch Shepherd called Brenda (Imported from holland), she is a lovely dog and we really love the breed. As far as I am aware there are no FCI breeders in the UK, I only know of 1 breeder who breeds unregistered pups but you may get a better selection if you go to Europe, its certainly what we would do should we have another.
Kate
We are in the UK and have an imported Dutch Shepherd called Brenda (Imported from holland), she is a lovely dog and we really love the breed. As far as I am aware there are no FCI breeders in the UK, I only know of 1 breeder who breeds unregistered pups but you may get a better selection if you go to Europe, its certainly what we would do should we have another.
Kate
-
emka
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Looking for a doggie! :)
Re: Hello from UK!
Hello,
Thank you very much for your replies! Although my partner is in the military, he wouldn't work with the dog and we are more after a new family member. We haven't got children yet, but I thought that by the time they come, the doggie would be older and easier to handle...
I've not been to Holland in 15 years or so - it would be nice to go and visit!
Cheers,
emka.
Thank you very much for your replies! Although my partner is in the military, he wouldn't work with the dog and we are more after a new family member. We haven't got children yet, but I thought that by the time they come, the doggie would be older and easier to handle...
I've not been to Holland in 15 years or so - it would be nice to go and visit!
Cheers,
emka.
Magda & Matt
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Hello from UK!
Welcome
Judith was right, at this point there are 3 or 4 FCI pedigree dogs in the UK, but the breed is still not recognised, they need a greater amount of dogs in the UK to apply for that. There is no FCI breeder in the UK, there are some that breed from the KNPV stock
Have fun reading here
Judith was right, at this point there are 3 or 4 FCI pedigree dogs in the UK, but the breed is still not recognised, they need a greater amount of dogs in the UK to apply for that. There is no FCI breeder in the UK, there are some that breed from the KNPV stock
Have fun reading here
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hello from UK!
Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric


Facebook page.