Page 1 of 1
Hello from UK!
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:47 pm
by emka
Hello everyone,
I'm writing from Plymouth, UK. My other half and I have recently moved into our new home. We would like to get a Dutch Shepherd to join our little family. I've been trying to find a breeder in UK, but so far I've been unsuccessful... Does anyone here know one or perhaps is one? Or maybe can recommend someone?
Many thanks,
emka
Re: Hello from UK!
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 pm
by vneerland
Welcome here, Emka.
I don't know what your plans would be for your future DS? I don't believe there are any FCI registered ones in the UK at this time. There might not be a great need for registration papers, though, since, to the best of my knowledge, they have not been recognized by the Kennel Club yet (so showing your dog is not an option in Britain yet) There is someone who has KNPV DS's (working line, non registered) but I do not know if he/she is breeding. Holland is just a canal away though

Maybe you could find a breeder who would be willing to work with you on the import requirements?
Re: Hello from UK!
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:17 pm
by katie mcmanigan
Hello, Emka,
We are in the UK and have an imported Dutch Shepherd called Brenda (Imported from holland), she is a lovely dog and we really love the breed. As far as I am aware there are no FCI breeders in the UK, I only know of 1 breeder who breeds unregistered pups but you may get a better selection if you go to Europe, its certainly what we would do should we have another.
Kate
Re: Hello from UK!
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 pm
by emka
Hello,
Thank you very much for your replies! Although my partner is in the military, he wouldn't work with the dog and we are more after a new family member. We haven't got children yet, but I thought that by the time they come, the doggie would be older and easier to handle...
I've not been to Holland in 15 years or so - it would be nice to go and visit!
Cheers,
emka.
Re: Hello from UK!
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome
Judith was right, at this point there are 3 or 4 FCI pedigree dogs in the UK, but the breed is still not recognised, they need a greater amount of dogs in the UK to apply for that. There is no FCI breeder in the UK, there are some that breed from the KNPV stock
Have fun reading here

Re: Hello from UK!
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:08 pm
by alspyce
Welcome