Meet Sydney

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Kristie
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm
Tell us about yourself: My husband and I recently rescued a pup from a shelter that we believe is a DS mix. We're just looking for a place to learn more about our new baby, discuss the breed with others, and show off pictures. :)
Location: D/FW, TX

Meet Sydney

Post by Kristie »

We rescued Sydney a week ago yesterday from a local shelter. She is approximately 8-10 months old (we're guessing closer to the 8 month old mark). Her paperwork listed her as a Pit Bull mix... seriously?!?!! I think if they come in with a brindle coat, they automatically get the label of either a Pit Bull or Boxer mix. :? We've been doing a lot of research on the Dutch Shepherd breed, and feel that she could very possibly be a DS mix, as she has a lot of the same characteristics and mannerisms. She is a mess, and we love her to death!!!

We have 3 other furbabies, a chihuahua (Sadie) and two rescued cats (Simon & Stella). Everyone is still adjusting to having Sydney in the house, but it's getting better with each day.

Here are some pictures of our new baby:

One last look at the shelter before we take her home:
Image

There is no greater joy than seeing the world through her eyes:
Image

Exhausted after a day of playing:
Image

Passed out at the vet's office:
Image

Do you think I'm a Dutchie?
Image


Thank you for taking the time to meet Sydney! I look foward to getting to know each of you, and learning more about the breed.
-Kristie
User avatar
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3589
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Re: Meet Sydney

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome and thanks for being a fellow rescuer.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Meet Sydney

Post by LyonsFamily »

Definitely looks like a DS. It's hard to tell 100% without seeing her standing side view., but she doesn't even look like a pit mix. Congrats on the new addition and what a lucky find!
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Amboaman
Just Whelped
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:51 am
Tell us about yourself: I have just adopted a beautiful boy that I think is a short haired Dutch Shepard. Looking to have some good conversations about making my new family member as happy as possible

Re: Meet Sydney

Post by Amboaman »

No way that is a Pit Bull Mix, my little guy was was listed as a pit bull mix on his paperwork at the Vet too but has the same big ears (his haven't perked up yet) and coat. Amazing that this girl got to a rescue, she is so beautiful. How is she doing with the cats, we have two older cats and my puppy is still getting used to the idea that they are not toys to play with.
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Meet Sydney

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Nah no pitt in there, id have to agree with all DS. Very cute and its great that you rescued her !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Manstrom
Puppy
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.
Location: Valdosta Georgia

Re: Meet Sydney

Post by Manstrom »

Looks like a dutchie to me lol
All my neighbors think Harvey is a pit due to his coloring :yernuts:
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
Post Reply