Meet Sydney
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 pm
We rescued Sydney a week ago yesterday from a local shelter. She is approximately 8-10 months old (we're guessing closer to the 8 month old mark). Her paperwork listed her as a Pit Bull mix... seriously?!?!! I think if they come in with a brindle coat, they automatically get the label of either a Pit Bull or Boxer mix.
We've been doing a lot of research on the Dutch Shepherd breed, and feel that she could very possibly be a DS mix, as she has a lot of the same characteristics and mannerisms. She is a mess, and we love her to death!!!
We have 3 other furbabies, a chihuahua (Sadie) and two rescued cats (Simon & Stella). Everyone is still adjusting to having Sydney in the house, but it's getting better with each day.
Here are some pictures of our new baby:
One last look at the shelter before we take her home:

There is no greater joy than seeing the world through her eyes:

Exhausted after a day of playing:

Passed out at the vet's office:

Do you think I'm a Dutchie?

Thank you for taking the time to meet Sydney! I look foward to getting to know each of you, and learning more about the breed.
-Kristie
We have 3 other furbabies, a chihuahua (Sadie) and two rescued cats (Simon & Stella). Everyone is still adjusting to having Sydney in the house, but it's getting better with each day.
Here are some pictures of our new baby:
One last look at the shelter before we take her home:

There is no greater joy than seeing the world through her eyes:

Exhausted after a day of playing:

Passed out at the vet's office:

Do you think I'm a Dutchie?

Thank you for taking the time to meet Sydney! I look foward to getting to know each of you, and learning more about the breed.
-Kristie