uk members out there
-
kilatash1
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:52 pm
- Tell us about yourself: 11month d.s bitch was rescue dog had for aprox 4months doing well has been far easer than expected though a few issues needed attention.self female wheelchair user , keept dogs all my life,used to be farmer, breeder of g.s.d. some years ago
uk members out there
just found this site, would like to contact others in uk with ds (other folk as well) have had my dog for about 4months now a rescue she will be1yr at the end of the month. was owned as a pup by people who thought it ok to leaveher from 8-6everyday yes thats right 10hours. they were supprised when returning home oneday they found she had eaten the sofa,stripped out most of the wiring in the house and chewed through a wall into the next room. just desserts I say,they then dumped her at the dogs home, shes a super dog far less problematic than expected,only real issue has been seperation ,being left alone ect we are well on the way to solving this she can now be left for 90mins . I started at less than a halfmin she was well and truly tramutised. so a little about me, I have had dogs all my life, used to breed gsd many yrs past .wheelchair user retired farmer live in somerset. I look forward to having contact with other members soon
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: uk members out there
oh WELCOME !!! great that you saw through her ''issues'' ! thank you for rescuing and congratulations.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
-
Wdat
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:22 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rob is 27, was more or less raised by dogs, has trained and raced his own greyhound Maisy (now retired and rehomed), and was matched last September with his GSD guide dog, Umber.
Sue is 48, and spent most of her life so far being scared of dogs! Then she adopted a retired racing greyhound called Kez, and the rest is history... - Location: Northumberland, UK
- Contact:
Re: uk members out there
Hi we are in Hexham Northumberland we don't have a ds yet.
But good to know that there is some one else in the uk
Welcome and good luck
But good to know that there is some one else in the uk
Welcome and good luck
-
kilatash1
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:52 pm
- Tell us about yourself: 11month d.s bitch was rescue dog had for aprox 4months doing well has been far easer than expected though a few issues needed attention.self female wheelchair user , keept dogs all my life,used to be farmer, breeder of g.s.d. some years ago
Re: uk members out there
thanks for yr post, have you found yr ds yet? do you know of any breeders in the uk? I am trying to trace the breeder of my reascue ds possiably wales. do keep in touch
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: uk members out there
not in the UK but wanted to say Welcome !! How happy that she found you!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: uk members out there
Welcome to the forum! As DS can certainly handle a 10 hour day home along eventually. Mine does it all the time. He's gone upwards of 14 hours home alone for long day trips. What really matters is what happens in those other 14 hours of the days. He makes me well aware when I get home that we're going to be working all night I'm not going to get any sleep because I spent time away from him.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
-
kilatash1
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:52 pm
- Tell us about yourself: 11month d.s bitch was rescue dog had for aprox 4months doing well has been far easer than expected though a few issues needed attention.self female wheelchair user , keept dogs all my life,used to be farmer, breeder of g.s.d. some years ago
Re: io hr day
unfortuntly her previous owners, where leaving a new pup for 10hrs I have now been able to leave her for 3hrs+ it took me 4months to get there as she was freaked out totaly
- Dark Side
- Puppy
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 am
- Tell us about yourself: In love with Dutch Shepherds for almost 20 years, I now breed them with love and passion.
Settled in the south east of France, near the Italian border, I practice Mondioring with my dogs and also dog shows. Looking forward to sharing my passion with you all !!
http://www.bergerhollandais.fr/ - Location: South east of France
- Contact:
-
cowandmonkey
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Dog lover and owner
Re: uk members out there

Hi. From the midlands. This is Macey our 2 year old DS.
- Childsey1
- Puppy
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Paul childs
I have neo x American bulldog bitch, male Boerboel and now a 18week old ducth herder bitch.
I'm a carpenter by trade with a strong passion for dogs
Re: uk members out there
Hey,
I live in Buckinghamshire and I own amber a 14 month old Dutch herder bitch, who's doing ipo training and competed in dock dogs three times reaching the finals twice coming third with a jump of 19.6 ft not bad for a young and new dog.
Amber pretty much goes everywhere with me but she can be left for up to 6 hours in her kennel and run, I'm a carpenter by trade and was working the my front garden with a 240v extension lead running the from the back to the front,well amber managed to drag it into her kennels a chewed right through it, loud bag, and she there wagging her tail with the other part of lead in her mouth, a very valuable lesson learnt.
I know a few breeders in the uk, if you haven't already found her breeder I may be able to help you. I imported amber and her sister from kolemountain kennels USA, it was the right line I was looking for.
I live in Buckinghamshire and I own amber a 14 month old Dutch herder bitch, who's doing ipo training and competed in dock dogs three times reaching the finals twice coming third with a jump of 19.6 ft not bad for a young and new dog.
Amber pretty much goes everywhere with me but she can be left for up to 6 hours in her kennel and run, I'm a carpenter by trade and was working the my front garden with a 240v extension lead running the from the back to the front,well amber managed to drag it into her kennels a chewed right through it, loud bag, and she there wagging her tail with the other part of lead in her mouth, a very valuable lesson learnt.
I know a few breeders in the uk, if you haven't already found her breeder I may be able to help you. I imported amber and her sister from kolemountain kennels USA, it was the right line I was looking for.
Paul, Buckinghamshire, uk
-
spencer_sarah1
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:38 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I currently have gsd and possibly dutch Shepherd lol my life is my dogs any spare time is spent exercising and having fun with my dogs
Re: uk members out there
Hi I live in York UK I'm new too to owning ds as my breed is gsds so very new and there very different to what I own but wouldn't swap mine for the world they have very cheeky characters
- katie mcmanigan
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 am
- Tell us about yourself: I live in the UK with 1 labrador, 3 malinois and a dutch Shepherd called Brenda
- Contact:
Re: uk members out there
Hi,
I live in Lincolnshire and have a 4 year old DS called Brenda (imported from holland) Love her to bits and would def have another at some point.
I live in Lincolnshire and have a 4 year old DS called Brenda (imported from holland) Love her to bits and would def have another at some point.
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: uk members out there
Great to hear from UK owners...the original poster was reaching out to other UK owners, but by all means feel free to make your own post in introductions so you don't get lost within the section! Stand out like your brindled beasts do! 
Kate: you have a wickedly handsome DS!
Kate: you have a wickedly handsome DS!
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~


Facebook page.