Hi from Cape Cod
-
pchery
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I presently have a 10yo rescue DSwith a CGC, and UCD, a 6yo who has earned her TDI ,CGC,UCDX and ASCA CDX, and a 10 week old puppy. Theyall are involved involved in agilityand obedience. I use them in Animal Assistive Therapy for the physically disabled. I am hooked on the breed.
- Location: cape cod ma
Hi from Cape Cod
Hi I currently have 2 D.S. One is a 10 yo rescue and one is a soon to be 5 yo female. She has earned her UCDX and ASCA CDX,we are working on utility, they both are involved in agility. I am an Occupational Therapist that is branching out into animal assistive therapy for the physically disabled training for companion and service dogs. I will be looking for a pup this summer that will work with me and be trained for therapy sessions. I feel the work ethic of a DS can make an excellent service dog. Pat from Cape Cod MA
Pat C from Cape Cod Ma, with Spirit ASCA CD CGC, UCDX Dutch,ASCA CDX,CGC, TDI and Thunder
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Hi from Cape Cod
Hello Pat,
Welcome to the group! What wonderful work you do with your dogs!! I am really intrigued in the animal assisted therapy! I have heard more and more about it recently. I know we would all love to hear more about the specific details of what your dogs do! Well....and we are all a sucker for striped beasts in pictures!!!
Feel free to view your user control panel and create a signature and avatar. Then we will always know who you are when you post!!
Welcome to the group! What wonderful work you do with your dogs!! I am really intrigued in the animal assisted therapy! I have heard more and more about it recently. I know we would all love to hear more about the specific details of what your dogs do! Well....and we are all a sucker for striped beasts in pictures!!!
Feel free to view your user control panel and create a signature and avatar. Then we will always know who you are when you post!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hi from Cape Cod
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hi from Cape Cod
Welcome ! Cant wait to see your doggies !!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
GSDNanny
- Training Dog
- Posts: 615
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.
Re: Hi from Cape Cod
vneerland wrote:Hello Pat from Cape Cod. Welcome to you and your brindles. Shameless photo spam is greatly appreciated
A big DITTO on that!! Welcome and ENJOY!
Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew
Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
- cake73
- Moderator

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
- Contact:
Re: Hi from Cape Cod
At least one of her dogs made the rescued DS cover of this year's NADSR calendar! (sorry I cannot remember which one)
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015
North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015
North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi from Cape Cod
Glad you found us, Pat, and eager to hear more about your assisted therapy stuff...and PICTURES 
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...


Facebook page.
