Rosie x
Hi From The Uk
-
RosieCoppolo
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 am
- Tell us about yourself: Names Rosie, 19 from london. Just recently got a female puppy DS and was looking for other people who are DS owners as they are very far and few between in the UK (Everyone seems to think she is a GS cross and wont believe me when I say DS because they have never heard of the breed before lol)
Hi From The Uk
Hello everyone i'm Rosie, i'm 19 from London, Uk. I've got a female DS pup (around 14weeks) and just thought i'd sign up here as I don't know anyone in the UK who even knows what a DS is and it would be nice to talk to people who know what im talking about when i say dutch shepherd
I'm getting a camera soon so you'll all be able to see Dolly's naughty little face
Rosie x
Rosie x
Rose
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: Hi From The Uk
Rosie,
welcome to the forum!
welcome to the forum!
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hi From The Uk
Welcome, Rosie!
Eager to see your pup's face...we love pictures around here
What are your plans for your pup, over time?
Eager to see your pup's face...we love pictures around here
What are your plans for your pup, over time?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
-
RosieCoppolo
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 am
- Tell us about yourself: Names Rosie, 19 from london. Just recently got a female puppy DS and was looking for other people who are DS owners as they are very far and few between in the UK (Everyone seems to think she is a GS cross and wont believe me when I say DS because they have never heard of the breed before lol)
Re: Hi From The Uk
Hey, yeah i'll be getting a camera soon to take lots of pictures of her naughty antics. My plan is just really to have her as a family pet and an exercise partner and anything we do as far as training is concerned in the future will be for fun only. I knew the ability of dutchies before i got her but to be honest I really liked what i read about their personalities and their energy. But like i said i'm more crossing out agility training or any other sort of training but it will just be for her sake so her skills don't go to waste.
Rose
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hi From The Uk
I know of a few other DSs in the UK, from a working breeder (van Leeuwen) who held them until the two (?) rabies titer tests were done. I think they were about 5 months old before they could go to their new homes?
How did you get your girl over the pond? I am sure you had to jump through hoops as well??
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
-
RosieCoppolo
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 am
- Tell us about yourself: Names Rosie, 19 from london. Just recently got a female puppy DS and was looking for other people who are DS owners as they are very far and few between in the UK (Everyone seems to think she is a GS cross and wont believe me when I say DS because they have never heard of the breed before lol)
Re: Hi From The Uk
Hey, well Dolly actually just fell on my lap lol I was looking for a GSD pup and phoned a breeder and he didn't have any GSD pups at the time but had Dolly, i'd never heard of the breed before but after reading up on Dutchies i thought she would be a perfect dog for me. After reading what some people have gone through to find a DS in the UK i count myself very lucky to have found her 
Rose
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hi From The Uk
Home grown then?
Awesome! I am dying to see pictures of the little beast!
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Hi From The Uk
Welcome
How's those pic's coming along?
Do you know any names of the parents to your dog? I'm really curious, haha! I think one of those van Leeuwen's had a litter once.. 
How's those pic's coming along?
Do you know any names of the parents to your dog? I'm really curious, haha! I think one of those van Leeuwen's had a litter once.. -
RosieCoppolo
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 am
- Tell us about yourself: Names Rosie, 19 from london. Just recently got a female puppy DS and was looking for other people who are DS owners as they are very far and few between in the UK (Everyone seems to think she is a GS cross and wont believe me when I say DS because they have never heard of the breed before lol)
Re: Hi From The Uk
Haha yep, i'm getting a camera for my birthday so i can take some good pictures of her, that wont be until early march tho because i'd rather wait and put some good quality pictures up rather than take rubbish one of my phone lol 
Rose
-
RosieCoppolo
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 am
- Tell us about yourself: Names Rosie, 19 from london. Just recently got a female puppy DS and was looking for other people who are DS owners as they are very far and few between in the UK (Everyone seems to think she is a GS cross and wont believe me when I say DS because they have never heard of the breed before lol)
Re: Hi From The Uk
No don't know the names of her parents. All I know is that all her brothers and sisters went to the police in the UK and her dad is now in the American police.
Rose
- born2fly79
- Puppy
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:40 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My husband and I are interested in getting a DS puppy. We are new to the breed and are interested in learning as much as we can about them. We would appreciate any help or information others have to offer. We are most concerned about selecting the right DS for us.
- Location: Elmore, Ohio
Re: Hi From The Uk
Welcome to the forum! I am also new to the forum and to DS's, so we'll be learning together! It's a little comforting to know I'm not on my own experience wise here. I'm super excited to learn from the mass of experience on here!
Rebecca
-
RosieCoppolo
- Puppy
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 am
- Tell us about yourself: Names Rosie, 19 from london. Just recently got a female puppy DS and was looking for other people who are DS owners as they are very far and few between in the UK (Everyone seems to think she is a GS cross and wont believe me when I say DS because they have never heard of the breed before lol)
Re: Hi From The Uk
Hey Rebecca, Yeah me too, like i've said next to no people in the uk know anything about dutchies so its good to be able to talk and learn from people with some first hand experience with them!
Rose


Facebook page.