Page 1 of 1

Hi From The Uk

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 pm
by RosieCoppolo
Hello everyone i'm Rosie, i'm 19 from London, Uk. I've got a female DS pup (around 14weeks) and just thought i'd sign up here as I don't know anyone in the UK who even knows what a DS is and it would be nice to talk to people who know what im talking about when i say dutch shepherd :D I'm getting a camera soon so you'll all be able to see Dolly's naughty little face :loco:

Rosie x

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:33 pm
by icvanstra
Rosie,

welcome to the forum!

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:52 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome, Rosie!

Eager to see your pup's face...we love pictures around here :D

What are your plans for your pup, over time?

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:22 pm
by RosieCoppolo
Hey, yeah i'll be getting a camera soon to take lots of pictures of her naughty antics. My plan is just really to have her as a family pet and an exercise partner and anything we do as far as training is concerned in the future will be for fun only. I knew the ability of dutchies before i got her but to be honest I really liked what i read about their personalities and their energy. But like i said i'm more crossing out agility training or any other sort of training but it will just be for her sake so her skills don't go to waste.

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:08 pm
by vneerland
:wave: Welcome Rosie and Dolly.
I know of a few other DSs in the UK, from a working breeder (van Leeuwen) who held them until the two (?) rabies titer tests were done. I think they were about 5 months old before they could go to their new homes?
How did you get your girl over the pond? I am sure you had to jump through hoops as well?? :eek:

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 pm
by RosieCoppolo
Hey, well Dolly actually just fell on my lap lol I was looking for a GSD pup and phoned a breeder and he didn't have any GSD pups at the time but had Dolly, i'd never heard of the breed before but after reading up on Dutchies i thought she would be a perfect dog for me. After reading what some people have gone through to find a DS in the UK i count myself very lucky to have found her :D

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:54 pm
by vneerland
Home grown then? :cool: Awesome! I am dying to see pictures of the little beast!

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:38 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :dslook:
How's those pic's coming along? :dssmile: Do you know any names of the parents to your dog? I'm really curious, haha! I think one of those van Leeuwen's had a litter once.. :roll:

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:40 pm
by RosieCoppolo
Haha yep, i'm getting a camera for my birthday so i can take some good pictures of her, that wont be until early march tho because i'd rather wait and put some good quality pictures up rather than take rubbish one of my phone lol :D

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm
by RosieCoppolo
No don't know the names of her parents. All I know is that all her brothers and sisters went to the police in the UK and her dad is now in the American police.

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 pm
by born2fly79
Welcome to the forum! I am also new to the forum and to DS's, so we'll be learning together! It's a little comforting to know I'm not on my own experience wise here. I'm super excited to learn from the mass of experience on here!

Re: Hi From The Uk

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:31 pm
by RosieCoppolo
Hey Rebecca, Yeah me too, like i've said next to no people in the uk know anything about dutchies so its good to be able to talk and learn from people with some first hand experience with them!