Hello from Mid Ohio

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by Kristie E »

HI All,
I have my first DS and would love to talk to you all and learn more about my girl.... She is unlike any other dog I have ever had!!! I just moved to Mid Ohio and am wanted to get involved in PSA or Ring maybe both. Gwen and I have just kind of bummed around for the last ten months and now we are ready to work!!! I have a Great Dane too (total couch potato and punching bag for Gwen). I grew up with German Shepherds and had to put my best bud to sleep not too long ago. I love Gwen and already want another DS... (my husband would probably leave me if I "Accidentally" picked up another one somewhere ;) ) Gwen is awesome and I call her my crack head. My husband calls her Gwenice the Menace as she is always coming up with new ways to get his goat.
I am glad to be here and I hope I can learn lots and contribute as well.

:dssmile:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 am
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Welcome!

I'm in the same boat. I'd LOVE another DS, had one offered to me as well recently, but I think I'd be kicked out by my better half. :D
Kelly
Image
Koenig
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to this forum as well Kristie!! More great, knowledgeable folks over here too!!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by Kristie E »

I almost feel like I have been awakened from a long sleep and have now joined the living dog world. It makes me wonder how Gwen tolerated me .. :dsroll:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Kristie and Gwen!
Did you import your girl from Germany? (judging by the kennel name?)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by Kristie E »

Gwen is an import from Germany. She came to me from Vrijeid's in Utah. Both Nadine (Gwen's breeder) and Asheley have been great resources for me. I would love ten more Gwens.
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Howdy!!!

There is nothing like a Dutchie !! I have 2 ! If i didnt have kids id have more DS.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by leih merigian »

Hey Kristie! Welcome to you and Gwen!

I love Gwenice the Menace...funny how we come up with names for these guys that mostly involve some mixture of brains and naughtiness<g>
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome Kristie and Gwenice! A warm welcome extended to you both. Looking forward to future stories and pictures of your girl.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by Kristie E »

Thanks for the warm welcomes!!! Yes Gwen often has a bit of "stink in her eye!"
:dssmile:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the forum!!!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :dslook:
Image
User avatar
born2fly79
Puppy
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:40 pm
Tell us about yourself: My husband and I are interested in getting a DS puppy. We are new to the breed and are interested in learning as much as we can about them. We would appreciate any help or information others have to offer. We are most concerned about selecting the right DS for us.
Location: Elmore, Ohio

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by born2fly79 »

Hello and welcome!! I, too, live in Ohio and have my first DS! In fact, we just got him on Thursday and this is the first I've had time to get back on here. Where in Ohio do you live? I live in Elmore, which is east of Toledo about 30 minutes. Best of luck as you begin working with Gwen!
Rebecca
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Post by Kristie E »

Rebeca,
Congratulations on your new family member!!!! Get ready for the ride. Gwen is unlike any other dog I have owned/been around. I am quite sure you will be pleased though. I can't imagine life without Gwen. We live about an hour north of Columbus in Mansfield. I think that if you are east of Toledo, you are not that far from us.
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Post Reply