Page 1 of 1

Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 am
by Kristie E
HI All,
I have my first DS and would love to talk to you all and learn more about my girl.... She is unlike any other dog I have ever had!!! I just moved to Mid Ohio and am wanted to get involved in PSA or Ring maybe both. Gwen and I have just kind of bummed around for the last ten months and now we are ready to work!!! I have a Great Dane too (total couch potato and punching bag for Gwen). I grew up with German Shepherds and had to put my best bud to sleep not too long ago. I love Gwen and already want another DS... (my husband would probably leave me if I "Accidentally" picked up another one somewhere ;) ) Gwen is awesome and I call her my crack head. My husband calls her Gwenice the Menace as she is always coming up with new ways to get his goat.
I am glad to be here and I hope I can learn lots and contribute as well.

:dssmile:

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:43 am
by turnnburn52984
Welcome!

I'm in the same boat. I'd LOVE another DS, had one offered to me as well recently, but I think I'd be kicked out by my better half. :D

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:50 am
by Christie M
Welcome to this forum as well Kristie!! More great, knowledgeable folks over here too!!!

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 am
by Kristie E
I almost feel like I have been awakened from a long sleep and have now joined the living dog world. It makes me wonder how Gwen tolerated me .. :dsroll:

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:14 am
by vneerland
Welcome Kristie and Gwen!
Did you import your girl from Germany? (judging by the kennel name?)

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 am
by Kristie E
Gwen is an import from Germany. She came to me from Vrijeid's in Utah. Both Nadine (Gwen's breeder) and Asheley have been great resources for me. I would love ten more Gwens.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:39 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Howdy!!!

There is nothing like a Dutchie !! I have 2 ! If i didnt have kids id have more DS.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm
by leih merigian
Hey Kristie! Welcome to you and Gwen!

I love Gwenice the Menace...funny how we come up with names for these guys that mostly involve some mixture of brains and naughtiness<g>

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:47 pm
by GSDNanny
Welcome Kristie and Gwenice! A warm welcome extended to you both. Looking forward to future stories and pictures of your girl.

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:59 pm
by Kristie E
Thanks for the warm welcomes!!! Yes Gwen often has a bit of "stink in her eye!"
:dssmile:

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:24 am
by icvanstra
Welcome to the forum!!!

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:02 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :dslook:

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:31 pm
by born2fly79
Hello and welcome!! I, too, live in Ohio and have my first DS! In fact, we just got him on Thursday and this is the first I've had time to get back on here. Where in Ohio do you live? I live in Elmore, which is east of Toledo about 30 minutes. Best of luck as you begin working with Gwen!

Re: Hello from Mid Ohio

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:18 am
by Kristie E
Rebeca,
Congratulations on your new family member!!!! Get ready for the ride. Gwen is unlike any other dog I have owned/been around. I am quite sure you will be pleased though. I can't imagine life without Gwen. We live about an hour north of Columbus in Mansfield. I think that if you are east of Toledo, you are not that far from us.