Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind. Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32. Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Finally getting around to introduce myself. I am not good with this computer stuff.
I lost my 14yr. old DS in Nov. and found this group while looking for a pup. There are NO DS anywhere near my area. Finally found a pup and have had to wait forever for the snow to leave so I could get outside with her!
I've had dogs and horses most of my life. I did some work with Guiding Eyes for the Blind, as a "puppy contact person" for the 4-H puppy raising program back in the 80's.
Bred GSD's, AKC Conformation shows for several years. I enjoy Obedience but have never done any of the SchH/Ring Sport things. Also showed some ARBA conformation dogs. Lots of dogs/different breeds/this is a great breed.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Tell us about your puppy....how old is s/he? What are your plans for it? And, oh yeah, PICTURES!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind. Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32. Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
My old girl was bred by Dianne SanLorenzo at her Von Christel Kennel, an Atos daughter. I lost her Nov. 19, 2010. She will forever be in my heart.
My new girl was whelped Nov. 19, 2010 and when I found that out I had to go look at the litter. It feels as if the old girl sent her to me. When I looked at the litter I didn't touch any of the pups--I prefer to stand back and watch their movement, conformation, etc. This girl kept stopping and starring at me as if she knew me. She had the best conformation in the litter so I brought her home. She came right in and laid down in my old girls "Place" and acted as tho she already knew all the rules here from the start. It gives me the shivers.
I got her from Vandalia, a Timo daughter. She is learning obedience very quickly and loves it. I'm in love again, and she is still starring at me.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
I'm so happy for you. It is so nice when the hole left in your heart by one departure is made less difficult to bear by the space taken up by a new arrival .
How nice that she seems to be just the right girl for you!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...