Page 1 of 1
Hello from New York State
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:53 pm
by alspyce
Finally getting around to introduce myself. I am not good with this computer stuff.
I lost my 14yr. old DS in Nov. and found this group while looking for a pup. There are NO DS anywhere near my area. Finally found a pup and have had to wait forever for the snow to leave so I could get outside with her!
I've had dogs and horses most of my life. I did some work with Guiding Eyes for the Blind, as a "puppy contact person" for the 4-H puppy raising program back in the 80's.
Bred GSD's, AKC Conformation shows for several years. I enjoy Obedience but have never done any of the SchH/Ring Sport things. Also showed some ARBA conformation dogs. Lots of dogs/different breeds/this is a great breed.
Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:12 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome!
Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:22 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome

Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:21 pm
by Christie M
Hi there! Welcome to the forum!
Where did you get your new puppy from and how did you acquire one many years ago

We are all picture whores here, so please feel free to share!!
I love your signature! What a great quote. Would you be willing to also add your name to it so we know who you are?? LOL.
Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:40 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome!
Tell us about your puppy....how old is s/he? What are your plans for it? And, oh yeah, PICTURES!
Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 am
by Kristie E
Welcome!!! So glad you found us! Yes, we are whores for pictures, so please post pictures so we can ooohh andd ahhhh!
Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:17 pm
by dutchringdog
Welcome !!
Yes, we must see pictures !

Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:11 pm
by alspyce
My old girl was bred by Dianne SanLorenzo at her Von Christel Kennel, an Atos daughter. I lost her Nov. 19, 2010. She will forever be in my heart.
My new girl was whelped Nov. 19, 2010 and when I found that out I had to go look at the litter. It feels as if the old girl sent her to me. When I looked at the litter I didn't touch any of the pups--I prefer to stand back and watch their movement, conformation, etc. This girl kept stopping and starring at me as if she knew me. She had the best conformation in the litter so I brought her home. She came right in and laid down in my old girls "Place" and acted as tho she already knew all the rules here from the start. It gives me the shivers.
I got her from Vandalia, a Timo daughter. She is learning obedience very quickly and loves it. I'm in love again, and she is still starring at me.
Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm
by dutchringdog
awwww, that just warms my heart !
Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:52 pm
by GSDNanny
Alspyce, that is a very touching story and so glad you came aboard DSF. Welcome.
Re: Hello from New York State
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:49 pm
by leih merigian
I'm so happy for you. It is so nice when the hole left in your heart by one departure is made less difficult to bear by the space taken up by a new arrival

.
How nice that she seems to be just the right girl for you!