Page 1 of 1

Hello from Toronto

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 pm
by Cooper
I am from Toronto,Canada.
I have a 7 month old female dutch shepherd. I got her from the Nanticoke Area and after reading the other posts from Ontario. I think she might be a litter mate our cousin from some of the others. I was told that she was the runt of the litter. She weighs 42lbs at 7 months.. Seems kind of small. But any dog under 100lbs seems small to me. Is that normal size for a dutch. I don't have the patience right now to figure out how to reformat my photos to post them using my iphone. I can email them to someone if you really want to see her.

The people that got there dogs from Nanticoke... Was the mom's name Zoey ?

Ohh almost forgot, my dogs name is Daisy..
Not my first dog just my first Duch Shepherd..

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:20 pm
by Cooper
Here's a video link... This was I think 2 weeks after I brought her home. At my moms. She was fighting/herding my moms "doodles"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUOFUKr6gA

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:03 pm
by Choochi
Hey Cooper
Cuuuuute puppers!! I watched the video and I see a puppy playing not herding. She did a little bit of stalking for about 2 seconds but that's about it.

Google Have Ewe Heard, that's a place near Barrie that offers herding testing and classes. Her events are some times listed in the back of the Dogs in Canada magazines.

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:07 am
by Cooper
Thanks for the info.. I checked out her website. I'm in North York area. Take her to Sunnybrook Park almost everyday

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 am
by icvanstra
Personally - after watching the video I saw no fighting at all.

What I saw was dog's playing.

She may be a bit small. I have a rather small male. ... I stressed over it for a while and then got used to it.

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:49 pm
by Lavish
Wooo! Toronto!

If your girl is 7 Mos she's prob. litter mate to my Jetson and my moms girl Jazzy. I can't quite remember the dams name, other than it was very feminine. I have pic's of the dam and sire, I can send them to you if you'd like :pint:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:47 am
by Cooper
Photos.. Yeah sure. I was told dad was Personal Protection Dog, Mom was trained as a drug dog. Well that's what he said.. Dad was more of a "blonde" colour, mom was very dark and very bushy...

The guy I got daisy off of wasn't the usual official kind of breeder. And the price he gave me for her I wasn't complaining.

How big is Jetson ?

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:17 pm
by Lavish
Yup :) Same litter, father is a super serious dog with very pale brindling and dark red coat, mother is a very silly/extroverted girl. Jetson's about 55lbs now, his sister prob around 60 and very much resembles the sire (except for being a nut bar). Breeder is an interesting guy, lol I really enjoyed spending time speaking with him and seeing some of his dogs.

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 am
by Choochi
It seems there are a few shady Dutchie breeders around the Hamilton area.

Do you go to the offleash at Sunnybrook? Some one told me they saw a Dutchie there and I just thought to myself, ya ya sure sure... :)

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 pm
by Cooper
Lavish-I think Daisy has a lot of her mom (zoey- i'd take her home anyday when I say her I wanted to take her too.) in her just because she is nuts. Daisy is only 42lbs. She was definately the runt of the litter and she got really sick for the first 3 months. I think she was on every kind of med available to dogs.

Choochi- Yes I go to Sunnybrook park almost every other day. rain or shine.

Re: Hello from Toronto

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:58 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :dslook: