Intro from Minnesota

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Intro from Minnesota

Post by k9katet »

I'm not very good with boards. I like email lists because things are sent to me instead of me having to remember to go and check. But I do like the picture feature alot. I just have to figure out how it works.

We have 2 Dutch Shepherds that are 7 years old.

Vrijheid's Amie "Vada" who is my main competition dog. She has done flyball, weight pull and Schutzhund and we are currently focusing on agility with a little rally thrown in. I've had Vada since she was a pup.

Our other Dutch Shepherd is Narc. I've been training Narc since my husband and I were married 2.5 years ago. I started training Narc in Schutzhund as well as obedience and I've done a little agility with him here and there. He did mainly flyball for the first few years of his life.

We also have a new baby on the way - Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty". She is Vada's niece. We are very excited about our new addition.

We also have a variety of other dogs. We merged dogs when we got married so it's kind of like the Brady Bunch. LOL
My mostly retired 13 year old mixed breed, Copper. Copper has done obedience and agility. He still does rally occasionally.
My current main agility dog while Vada heals from her tendon injury, Seven. He's a 7 year old Border Collie x JRt mix. Seven also does obedience.
I do a little bit of agility with our 9 year old 3/4 Border Collie x 1/4 Border Terrier mix, Prozac.
We also have 3 Border Collies but I leave them to my husband to train. :) 9 year old males, Rally and Sonic and my husband's main agility dog, 5 year old Fringe.
We also currently have a stray dog that turned into a foster. We found her trotting down the road in the country. We looked for her owners but no one claimed her. She's 10+ years old and her coat and teeth were a mess. We got her fixed up and she's going to her new home next week!

I belong to a few local dog clubs and I'm involved with hosting events. I keep very busy with the dogs and dog events. We are blessed with more than enough doggy stuff to do here. During the week I work with computer servers.

Heather (guess I need to figure out the signature part too!)
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by k9katet »

Let's give pics a try - here is one of Narc
Image
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by k9katet »

Vada
Image

Image

Another of Narc
Image
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by k9katet »

One of our current crew
Image
Copper, Vada, Fringe, Sonic, Narc, Seven, Rally and Prozac
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by Christie M »

Hey Heather - Welcome aboard!!
Love the group pic!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by leih merigian »

Hi Heather!

Glad you came over here! Love the pics.

Boy, you guys sure have a ton of dogs!

How did Vada hurt her tendon. Don't'cha hate it when they're injured?

Heather and I are getting littermates...it's gonna be fun to compare notes :)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by Christie M »

leih merigian wrote: Heather and I are getting littermates...it's gonna be fun to compare notes :)
LOL. Don't compare too much Leih. Heather in a title whore :mrgreen:
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by k9katet »

We are very lucky to have so many opportunities around here. Some weekends there are 3 different orgs agility trials going on! And lots of good trainers. And having a naturally brilliant dog helps. :)

Vada hyperextended her carpel tendon. I'm not sure how she did it. She showed signs when weaving as she was popping out. Then halfway through working her at an agility seminar she came out of her crate lame. So, we're doing rehab. She came up lame mid-April. We're at just over 8 weeks in the brace so now we're starting to wean her off the brace. I hope to have her back to compeition in mid-August.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by icvanstra »

Heather, you figured out the pictures and the signature very quickly. I never realized that Narc is such a tall one!! ...or is that relative?

eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by k9katet »

Narc is tall. He was neutered really early - like 5 weeks I've heard. He's taller than Vada but narrower than her. He's out of different lines than Vada too. He's 8 days older.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by vneerland »

Hello Heather, welcome here. I love the fact that we finally get to see your (entire) brood.
Lovely group picture! 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
syzygy
Puppy
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Re: Intro from Minnesota

Post by syzygy »

Hi, Heather, same here, I LOVE the group shot! It will be a year before I get the recent rescues far enough along in obedience to take a picture like that--but what a motley--or muttley, I guess--crew they will be. :D

Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
Post Reply