Page 1 of 1

Hello from the UK!

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:14 pm
by Violet
Hi I'm Emily and as per the thread title i'm from the UK :D

I don't have a Dutchie.. yet ;) However I do have a GSD girl named Serendipity and a JRT named Harvey. I have three girls and a wonderful partner who is currently residing in NL and moving over in the next year or so. He's blind and also has a GSD named Venna.

I first discovered the Hollandse Herder when I was looking into KNPV and they really caught my interest. I had resigned myself to waiting til the children were older to get a Dutchie as the dogs seemed a little too high drive, but then my partner and I did some more research and found that there are Dutchies out there that make great family dogs aswell as having the drive to do work. My partner and I both love GSD's but I wanted a smaller dog with similar temperament and better health so my children could be more involved as my eldest has decided she would like to try agility. As capable as our JRT is, he is rather stubborn and isn't the most reliable on recall despite 7 years of recall training lol. My GSD sadly had an injury as a pup so is likely to develop hip issues so I restrict her with that and she's just too strong for my eldest who is only 8.

The Dutchie sounds like the ideal dog for our family and as they are from my partner's home country he would love to help get the breed more recognition. We are both still yet to meet some in person but due to my lack of Dutch ( i'm working on it :lol: ) my partner has been doing most of the conversing with breeders and such. It's been hard for me to take a back seat as such with this because I'm a real researcher. So hopefully in the next year I will get the chance to meet some of the dogs, but it's looking very likely we'll be adding a Dutchie to the family :D

so hi, sorry for the long intro, now if only I could do this over on the dutch forum :lol:

Re: Hello from the UK!

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome to the forum!

Re: Hello from the UK!

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:40 pm
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome ! :dssmile:

Re: Hello from the UK!

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 pm
by leih merigian
Hi Emily! Everyone here will be more than happy to discuss Dutch Shepherds with you!

Re: Hello from the UK!

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:51 pm
by Violet
Thankyou for the welcomes :)

Re: Hello from the UK!

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:58 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Hi Emily,

Welcome!!!

I have two DS's and they are so wonderful with my kids who are 6 and 7.

Re: Hello from the UK!

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:31 pm
by Marjolein
See you found your way here :dswink"
And I still think you can handle the Dutch forum too, 80% of them speak English and are very willing to help you out, you will find a couple of members from this froum there too :dssmile:

Re: Hello from the UK!

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:54 pm
by GSDNanny
A big WELCOME to you!!! :dssmile: