Page 1 of 1

hello

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:03 am
by kaseydog
Hello, my name is Debra. Im a retired fire Captain from southern Cali and I have always love to watch the great K9s at work on my job. Im looking to buy or adopt a DS in the very near future. Im home now and would like to raise a pup and then have some family protection training done. Nothing to serious, but My husband is also a fire Captain and can be gone for weeks during brush fire season. Although Im almost always armed, I would like a dog that could " clear" the house when my small children and I get home and just do some basic protection. Im looking at the DS because they are bit smaller and I love the coloring. I would consider a rescue ( all the dogs I have ever had have been rescues) but Im leery about bringing a dog with unknown history and genetics into my home with small children. I have a long history of professional horse training and have always been able to train my dogs to a level of exceptional obedience, but I have no experience in the personal protection area and would probably send the dog into training. Babbling sorry, I have spoken to Trudy at NADSR ( very helpful) but just wanted to join here for any other thoughts or recommendations. Thank you. I am not against the idea of a Belgian Malinois, just really like the DS.

Re: hello

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome to the forum!

Re: hello

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:57 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome!

Re: hello

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm
by Christie M
Welcome! I was just going to recommend that you get in touch with Trudy :-) But looks like you beet me to it. She will be an awesome asset to you, knowing both the rescue side of things and raising dogs for PP and LE.

Good luck and we look forward to hearing of your progress.

Re: hello

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:09 am
by Schlussdibusti
kaseydog wrote: I am not against the idea of a Belgian Malinois, just really like the DS.
Stick to the stripy beasts! :wtg:

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Re: hello

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:07 am
by kaseydog
ha ha, OK ill try but they are not easy to come by, thanks :-D :dsangry: