hey all!!!
-
mafiamom
- Puppy
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:27 pm
- Tell us about yourself: grew up with german shepherds and so did my hubby. Also had a bichon. Got married and got a bichon and a bernese mountain dog, sadly roxie passed away this august. =( Tulla needs a fur sister and my boys need big dog. Have fallen in love with the dutch shepherd!! Hope to own one soon!!!
hey all!!!
newbie here!!! lwe dont have a ds yet but are looking into getting one. any advise on anything is greatly appreciated!! im home all day with one of my sons and dog while my other 2 are in school. =)
kim
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: hey all!!!
Hey, Kim. What kind of dog do you presently own and why do you want a DS? Welcome, by the way!
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
-
mafiamom
- Puppy
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:27 pm
- Tell us about yourself: grew up with german shepherds and so did my hubby. Also had a bichon. Got married and got a bichon and a bernese mountain dog, sadly roxie passed away this august. =( Tulla needs a fur sister and my boys need big dog. Have fallen in love with the dutch shepherd!! Hope to own one soon!!!
Re: hey all!!!
hi! i have a bichon =) i know its like night and day! We just lost our Bernese Mountain Dog in august, so Tulla is used to hanging with the big active dogs =)
We are looking for a pet/family protection dog, and while Tulla is great on alerting and wont back down from someone, she is really easy to get past lol. understatement of the year there. =) So thats why i need a good breeder too so i know im getting a sound dog to begin with that will jive with her and my 3 boys. =)
growing up my husband and i have both had german shepherds so we are very familiar with that kind of dog. umm, i think i got it all in there but i cant go back to the post, sorry!! =)
We are looking for a pet/family protection dog, and while Tulla is great on alerting and wont back down from someone, she is really easy to get past lol. understatement of the year there. =) So thats why i need a good breeder too so i know im getting a sound dog to begin with that will jive with her and my 3 boys. =)
growing up my husband and i have both had german shepherds so we are very familiar with that kind of dog. umm, i think i got it all in there but i cant go back to the post, sorry!! =)
kim
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
k9ssa-boss
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:24 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am president of a nonprofit k9 company, we train and donate dogs to police departments and also train and deploy search and rescue dog teams.
Re: hey all!!!
I am a first timer, just joined your forum and just got my first Dutch about a month ago. I have trained lab's and bloodhounds for years but this is my first dutch. I got her out of North Florida. She is a 7 month old female. My old L.E. partner had a large male dutch many years ago that was an awsome dog, but we lost him to cancer (the K9). I will try to do some pics later of her, but I have been reading your comments and posts for about an hour and I like what I read. We are in central Alabama. I am the president of a company that trains and donates to L.E. narcotics detection K9's. I look forward to learning more from you guys.
Les and Kathy, and Alex-HRD K9, Daisey- The Tracker and Inga my new Dutch. Columbiana Alabama.
-
k9ssa-boss
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:24 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am president of a nonprofit k9 company, we train and donate dogs to police departments and also train and deploy search and rescue dog teams.
Re: hey all!!!
Sorry, I put my first post in the wrong place, pardon my ignorance.
Les and Kathy, and Alex-HRD K9, Daisey- The Tracker and Inga my new Dutch. Columbiana Alabama.
- icvanstra
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1153
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
- Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort
Re: hey all!!!
K9SSA-Boss,
It's okay. You will get the hang of it.
Please take a moment and do an introduction in the "new members" area.
Also check the FAQ section to learn how to create a signature, how to create your avatar, upload photos (EVERYONE loves photos!!) and such.
If you have any questions just ask, most of the members don't bite.
It's okay. You will get the hang of it.
Please take a moment and do an introduction in the "new members" area.
Also check the FAQ section to learn how to create a signature, how to create your avatar, upload photos (EVERYONE loves photos!!) and such.
If you have any questions just ask, most of the members don't bite.
Eric
- - Cino vom Foxtal
- Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
- Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok


Facebook page.

Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 

