I come to genetic testing information as possible in your country
J have the Dutch Shepherd
thank you
Marie
(sorry google translated / j I fear not always understand)









Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
That is very interesting! I have not seen that. But, I had one dog tested for "Mixed Breed". It was many years ago, and the results were not very good. I believe the test is now improved.chimere wrote:Carole , I want to know that you are testing for the selection
here for colors : http://www.vetgen.com/ordertests.aspx?i ... 20Shepherd
but the dog's health?
thank you for the complient of my dogs
and thank you![]()
![]()
...and hopefully never will be. Just seeing the "cripples" of GSD represeneted as "Best in Show" wants me toCaroleBoaz wrote: And the Dutch Shepherd is not in the AKC, yet.

I'm all for beauty and brainsyou do not like dog show? (if I understand correctly)
for me it is possible to have a good and beautiful dog

It is available for those who care to check for it, but not many do in the USA. We would be happy, to start with, if all breeders checked for hips and elbows. Eye problems are an issue with the rough coated DS's, but so far, thank God, not with the short haired. The long hair is rumored to be prone to temperament issues (and you cannot test for that) and possibly thyroid problems. There are not many Long hairs in the USA. Mainly short hair and many of those are KNVP lineage.chimere wrote:thank you all
I trials to explain:
genetic tests for health in dogs of pure breed![]()
concerns such as the eyes for example
Here, there is not even an parentage check. Good breeders will check for skelletal soundness, but coat color (kbr/ky) is never done that I know of, and there are, thank goodness, no genetic issues know concerning other hereditary health issues (other than the rough and long hair, who are virtually not present on this continent)in France there is nothing for DS
just x-rays for hips (I'm also the elbows)
parentage and genetic identification card
but no genetic test for hereditary health
I do not like AKC.you do not like dog show? (if I understand correctly)
for me it is possible to have a good and beautiful dog![]()
Lovely pictures of brindles working sheep!my dogs are champions of beauty (international, Luxembourg, Belgium, the dog picture 3 and 4 to win the Championship of France 2011 .....)
but they also work (sheep, ring, agility ...)
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 