First Robin in the yard. Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!
Spring
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Spring
I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring!
First Robin in the yard. Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!
First Robin in the yard. Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Spring
I know, it's crazy! I hear the birds singing in the morning.
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Spring
Oh yeah! Groundhog day, that's right. I love the robin picture.
I have been after my husband to MOW the yard. No kidding. The daffodils started blooming on 1-31
and the trees are budding big time. No matter what the groundhog says, this was not much of a winter, I dread the upcoming summer for that reason. 20 degrees above normal right now? Please, don't keep that up. It would make it 100+20 this summer. 
I have been after my husband to MOW the yard. No kidding. The daffodils started blooming on 1-31
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Spring
alspyce wrote:I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring!![]()
![]()
First Robin in the yard. Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!
Love your picture with the Robin!!
Who is Bianca?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Spring
Bianca is my JRT/AKA the ugly little white dog.felixone123 wrote:alspyce wrote:I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring!![]()
![]()
First Robin in the yard. Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!
Love your picture with the Robin!!
Who is Bianca?
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
Re: Spring
nice pic!
We were starting to go into spring, and suddenly it is freezing
Tomorrow they predict snow, and my tulips were already getting their noses above the soil...? Strange seasons lately... 
We were starting to go into spring, and suddenly it is freezing
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Spring
now he looks like a handful!! He is adorable and his name fits him perfectly.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Spring
Oh man, Judith...I sure hope you have a better summer this year than last...
Cool robin pic!
Cool robin pic!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
Re: Spring
It has been crazy here, 60s and 70s in January, not right. The bugs never even went away!!!!!!!!! The robin is very pretty and so in Bianca 
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Spring
this year has been weird!! Very warm for winter. I dont want to complain though because last year the snow was a pain! I was plowing every day and the kids missed so much school.
This morning I heard a morning Dove, I never hear them until spring.
This morning I heard a morning Dove, I never hear them until spring.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Spring
Yes, very mild winter here too.
The other day when walking, I passed by like 25 Robins flying from tree to tree along the trail. It was quite amazing!
The other day when walking, I passed by like 25 Robins flying from tree to tree along the trail. It was quite amazing!
Sue (and Sugar)

- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
Re: Spring
I kinda wish it would get a little colder to kill off all the bugs before spring gets here, but then again Merlin is already starting to shed, so hopefully it doesn't get to cold!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Spring
I was wondering if others are blowing their coats, too....Gesyer is, big-time.
I've decided that it's related to the length of daylight rather than temperatures, but what do I know? (Not much, you?
)
I love my furminator, but man, after a grooming session, I'm covered with hair, spitting it out of my mouth, and trying to understand why she wants to eat it...yuck!
I've decided that it's related to the length of daylight rather than temperatures, but what do I know? (Not much, you?
I love my furminator, but man, after a grooming session, I'm covered with hair, spitting it out of my mouth, and trying to understand why she wants to eat it...yuck!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Spring
So far Odin isn't shedding at all, but who knows when it starts to get warmer.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
Re: Spring
All around Merlins cage its covered with hair, Im sweeping up globs everyday lol His bedding has to be washed more often, but I love him so he is worth it....I guess 
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
-
Lauren
- Training Dog
- Posts: 540
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.
Re: Spring
Oh my, it WAS spring here last week. 60's and up during the day.... hens laying eggs like crazy. the Maple trees are in bloom, the cherries, the star and Japanese Magnolias... even some azaleas! My Daffodils are all blooming and my Tulips are 6 " above ground.
Robins are back and wrens were picking a spot to nest. Then WHAMO! Winter. For the past few days it has been COLD!
Xena, that little stinker, had the nerve to actually PANT on a walk in 60 degree weather. Just wait till she hits a 100 degree summer day!!!!

Robins are back and wrens were picking a spot to nest. Then WHAMO! Winter. For the past few days it has been COLD!
Xena, that little stinker, had the nerve to actually PANT on a walk in 60 degree weather. Just wait till she hits a 100 degree summer day!!!!

Lauren from Western NC
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Spring
I think I swept enough DS and JRT hair from my floor this week to make my own new designer dog with it!
Horse is just starting to shed also. Everyone seems to be getting itchy with the loose hair.
Days are definitely longer----it's on its way!
Horse is just starting to shed also. Everyone seems to be getting itchy with the loose hair.
Days are definitely longer----it's on its way!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- kchristy
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
Re: Spring
It is! I get so excited for spring, but we really have only had a couple of day that were even cold!!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
-
Isis
- Puppy
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.
Re: Spring
Love Bianca!! I used to raise JRT's! They are the best big dogs in little bodies! My dogs are shedding like crazy, too! I am a professional pet groomer by trade and my dogs are groomed often, but I'm still finding fur-ball dust bunnies all over the floor...uuggh!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)




Facebook page.