Spring

Have a photo you want to share?
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Spring

Post by alspyce »

I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring! :stickman: :stickman:

First Robin in the yard.
DSCN0009.JPG
DSCN0009.JPG (100.65 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Spring

Post by CaroleBoaz »

I know, it's crazy! I hear the birds singing in the morning.
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Spring

Post by vneerland »

Oh yeah! Groundhog day, that's right. I love the robin picture. 8-)
I have been after my husband to MOW the yard. No kidding. The daffodils started blooming on 1-31 :roll: and the trees are budding big time. No matter what the groundhog says, this was not much of a winter, I dread the upcoming summer for that reason. 20 degrees above normal right now? Please, don't keep that up. It would make it 100+20 this summer. :eek:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Spring

Post by felixone123 »

alspyce wrote:I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring! :stickman: :stickman:

First Robin in the yard.
DSCN0009.JPG
Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!

Love your picture with the Robin!!
Who is Bianca?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Spring

Post by alspyce »

felixone123 wrote:
alspyce wrote:I don't know what the groundhog is doing today, but in the Adirondacks of NY it's spring! :stickman: :stickman:

First Robin in the yard.
The attachment DSCN0009.JPG is no longer available
Soon I can get back outside with Lyric & Bianca!!

Love your picture with the Robin!!
Who is Bianca?
Bianca is my JRT/AKA the ugly little white dog.
Oaks_Edge_Bianca.jpg
Oaks_Edge_Bianca.jpg (19.58 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Spring

Post by Marjolein »

nice pic!
We were starting to go into spring, and suddenly it is freezing :shock: Tomorrow they predict snow, and my tulips were already getting their noses above the soil...? Strange seasons lately... :?
Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Spring

Post by felixone123 »

now he looks like a handful!! He is adorable and his name fits him perfectly.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Spring

Post by leih merigian »

Oh man, Judith...I sure hope you have a better summer this year than last...

Cool robin pic!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Spring

Post by kchristy »

It has been crazy here, 60s and 70s in January, not right. The bugs never even went away!!!!!!!!! The robin is very pretty and so in Bianca :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Spring

Post by Dutchringgirl »

this year has been weird!! Very warm for winter. I dont want to complain though because last year the snow was a pain! I was plowing every day and the kids missed so much school.

This morning I heard a morning Dove, I never hear them until spring.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Spring

Post by Sugars Mom »

Yes, very mild winter here too.

The other day when walking, I passed by like 25 Robins flying from tree to tree along the trail. It was quite amazing!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Spring

Post by kchristy »

I kinda wish it would get a little colder to kill off all the bugs before spring gets here, but then again Merlin is already starting to shed, so hopefully it doesn't get to cold!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Spring

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ug, Sugar is starting to shed too...its getting really hairy in here!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Spring

Post by leih merigian »

I was wondering if others are blowing their coats, too....Gesyer is, big-time.

I've decided that it's related to the length of daylight rather than temperatures, but what do I know? (Not much, you? :lol: )

I love my furminator, but man, after a grooming session, I'm covered with hair, spitting it out of my mouth, and trying to understand why she wants to eat it...yuck! :roll:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Spring

Post by felixone123 »

So far Odin isn't shedding at all, but who knows when it starts to get warmer.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Spring

Post by kchristy »

All around Merlins cage its covered with hair, Im sweeping up globs everyday lol His bedding has to be washed more often, but I love him so he is worth it....I guess :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Spring

Post by Lauren »

Oh my, it WAS spring here last week. 60's and up during the day.... hens laying eggs like crazy. the Maple trees are in bloom, the cherries, the star and Japanese Magnolias... even some azaleas! My Daffodils are all blooming and my Tulips are 6 " above ground.

Robins are back and wrens were picking a spot to nest. Then WHAMO! Winter. For the past few days it has been COLD!

Xena, that little stinker, had the nerve to actually PANT on a walk in 60 degree weather. Just wait till she hits a 100 degree summer day!!!!
:dsdoubt:
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Spring

Post by alspyce »

I think I swept enough DS and JRT hair from my floor this week to make my own new designer dog with it!
Horse is just starting to shed also. Everyone seems to be getting itchy with the loose hair.
Days are definitely longer----it's on its way!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Spring

Post by kchristy »

It is! I get so excited for spring, but we really have only had a couple of day that were even cold!!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Isis
Puppy
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a life long dog owner who enjoys dog sports and PPT, I own a Dutch Shepherd, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer.

Re: Spring

Post by Isis »

Love Bianca!! I used to raise JRT's! They are the best big dogs in little bodies! My dogs are shedding like crazy, too! I am a professional pet groomer by trade and my dogs are groomed often, but I'm still finding fur-ball dust bunnies all over the floor...uuggh!
Gia and Panzer (Dutch Shepherd)

Image
Post Reply