Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

For our new members to introduce themselves
User avatar
Taz
Just Whelped
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm 26 years old, from Fayetteville,NC and just adopted a 5 month DS from NADSR. His name is Taz
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Taz »

Hi everybody,

My name is Jochen.I'm originally from Germany but moved to United States 3 years ago. I have a three year old daughter and another one on the way. My wife is stationed here with the Army at Fort Bragg (Fayetteville, NC). We just adopted a 5 month old DS from NADSR. His name is Taz (or known as Oliver) and some of you may have seen him on the NADSR Facebook page.
Jochen and Taz
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Herzlich Willkommen! :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by felixone123 »

hi and welcome. Yes, I saw him on FB from NADSR. Adorable puppy!! Love the name change to Taz!! We rescued our Odin from NADSR also. He is about 4 years and came to us on Dec 27th - he is our 1st dutch and a joy!!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by leih merigian »

Wie gehts!

Glad you found us...get ready to upload a lot of pics of Taz :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome!

Congrats on your new pup.
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Christie M »

Welcome to the group. One of my very closest friends is in Fayetteville and her husband is out of Fort Bragg. She has Malinois and a DS that she also adopted from NADSR. She trains in French Ring. Let me know if you would like to be put in touch with her!!

Congrats and thank you for saving a life.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Taz
Just Whelped
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm 26 years old, from Fayetteville,NC and just adopted a 5 month DS from NADSR. His name is Taz
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Taz »

Here are some pictures of Taz
Attachments
Picture5.jpg
Picture5.jpg (305.1 KiB) Viewed 9750 times
Picture4.jpg
Picture4.jpg (256.86 KiB) Viewed 9750 times
Picture3.jpg
Picture3.jpg (199.8 KiB) Viewed 9750 times
right after the long trip from Delaware to NC
right after the long trip from Delaware to NC
Picture2.jpg (194.78 KiB) Viewed 9750 times
Jochen and Taz
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by kchristy »

Beautiful! Congrats on your puppy :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by alspyce »

Welcome, Love the name--also used it myself, but on a 5lb. Yorkie.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by felixone123 »

love the shot where he is so very focused on something. Beautiful baby!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
MeganBays
Green Dog
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by MeganBays »

Welcome to the forum :) there is also a very nice SchH club in the Fayetteville area with a few Dutchies at it.
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Jan »

Welcome. Taz looks like a nice dog to me.
Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Dutchringgirl »

welcome!! he is adorable!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by leih merigian »

What a cutie!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by icvanstra »

Congrats on the puppy and welcome to the forum!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Marjolein »

Herzlich wilkommen, und viel spaß mit das streifentier! :mrgreen:
Image
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Lauren »

Welcome! Great shots of Mr. Taz!
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by wahinelf »

What a good looking boy! Congrats and welcome!
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Sugars Mom »

Nice looking dog...sure recognize those expessions!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
Kgazlay
Puppy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:01 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a women of a certain age who adopted my dog Ozzy two years ago. He is a beautiful short haired black and gold brindle. Unfortunately in the first year of his life he had four owners and a short stint in the pound because the people who took him had no idea what the breed is about. He has become a loving companion who loves his walks and particularly going to the off leash park and running with the other dogs. He is truly my best friend.

Re: Jochen and Taz from Fayetteville, NC

Post by Kgazlay »

Welcome! Beautiful dog!! He has very similar coloring to my Oz.
Kathy and Ozzy "Prince of Darkness" Gazlay
Kansas City, MO

"Animals are such agreeable friends - They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms" - George Elliott
Post Reply