Hello from Massachusetts!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by cake73 »

Greetings from MA! We adopted Kaya (on the right) via Petfinder; she came from CT. In Jan 2006, we adopted Marley (on the left) via NADSR in Feb 2008; he came from CA. Kaya tends to be active but anxious in new situations and Marley tends to nap. For Kaya, there is no life without tugging. :mrgreen: They're both about 60 pounds and are very food-motivated.

Image

We love visiting with our friends, Ellen & Mike, on Cape Cod. They have two dogs, Skyla (middle-top) and Hanzee (a DSx, middle-bottom).

Image


I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue.
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org/
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by Christie M »

Hey Cheryl,
Glad you made it over here. I REALLY like the format of this forum. Obviously it makes it much easier to post visual brags of our dogs !!
Have looked at how to create a signature? It will keep you from having to remember to sign stuff and will allow everyone to know who you are!
I love your avatar picture!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by cake73 »

Yeah. I should do the siggy thing. I realized on the drive home that I hadn't signed my post. Y'all don't know who "cake" is! LOL! :D

Going to buy orange bandanas for Kaya and Marley to wear through the weekend...for the Netherlands in the World Cup final. :mrgreen:

(edited to remove siggy redundancy)
Last edited by cake73 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by Christie M »

cake73 wrote: Going to buy orange bandanas for Kaya and Marley to wear through the weekend...
Ummmm.....am I the only one who was completely befuddled why you would want your dogs to wear orange BANANAS?
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by cake73 »

banDanas. do-rags. :lol:

(they would totally eat the bananas)
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by Christie M »

Yeah, I figured it out. I guess I'm just warn out from being outsmarted by my dogs all day :o
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by vneerland »

Good to see you here, Cheryl!
Great idea about the bandana's too. I have a little 'beessie' sitting on my monitor right now, sent to me by some Dutch friends. Picture a cute orange furry worm, that serves as a 'mascotte' Plus some flags that I should stick on my truck. Dog decorating time. They will hate me! :shock:
:mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by leih merigian »

cake73 wrote:Greetings from MA!
Hi Cheryl!

Glad you came over here...I love this BB format and am hoping we'll reach some critical mass of active members.

Great picture! Love those faces!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by cake73 »

I haven't posted here very often, at least until we got the calendar vote up for this year, so I thought I'd give this a bump just in case there are some folks out there wondering who this "cake" person is. :D

My dogs are doing well. Last week, Marley got into a room to which he usually doesn't have access and ate an entire box (about 1 pound!) of "sweet potato madness" biscuits. For some reason, he ignored the dried chicken strips! Kaya will be 8 years old in 2011.

Will try to visit here more often. :)
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by k9katet »

That must mean the sweet potato biscuits are good!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Post by Marjolein »

aha, now I know who this cake person is :D Good to hear you supported us in the World Cup finals :D But please don't bring up the subject anymore... :( I hate Spain :x :mrgreen:
Image
Post Reply