Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Greetings from MA! We adopted Kaya (on the right) via Petfinder; she came from CT. In Jan 2006, we adopted Marley (on the left) via NADSR in Feb 2008; he came from CA. Kaya tends to be active but anxious in new situations and Marley tends to nap. For Kaya, there is no life without tugging. They're both about 60 pounds and are very food-motivated.
We love visiting with our friends, Ellen & Mike, on Cape Cod. They have two dogs, Skyla (middle-top) and Hanzee (a DSx, middle-bottom).
Hey Cheryl,
Glad you made it over here. I REALLY like the format of this forum. Obviously it makes it much easier to post visual brags of our dogs !!
Have looked at how to create a signature? It will keep you from having to remember to sign stuff and will allow everyone to know who you are!
I love your avatar picture!!
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Good to see you here, Cheryl! Great idea about the bandana's too. I have a little 'beessie' sitting on my monitor right now, sent to me by some Dutch friends. Picture a cute orange furry worm, that serves as a 'mascotte' Plus some flags that I should stick on my truck. Dog decorating time. They will hate me!
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Glad you came over here...I love this BB format and am hoping we'll reach some critical mass of active members.
Great picture! Love those faces!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
I haven't posted here very often, at least until we got the calendar vote up for this year, so I thought I'd give this a bump just in case there are some folks out there wondering who this "cake" person is.
My dogs are doing well. Last week, Marley got into a room to which he usually doesn't have access and ate an entire box (about 1 pound!) of "sweet potato madness" biscuits. For some reason, he ignored the dried chicken strips! Kaya will be 8 years old in 2011.
Will try to visit here more often.
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen" And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic". We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
aha, now I know who this cake person is Good to hear you supported us in the World Cup finals But please don't bring up the subject anymore... I hate Spain