only because they made me

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Mike Hodgeman
Just Whelped
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I work only malinois, the superior breed

only because they made me

Post by Mike Hodgeman »

Hello, Mike Hodgeman from New York. I train Malinois for detection, my wife prefers the stripes :D
"Given enough time, the Malinois will dominate anything"
coyotesfan97
Just Whelped
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: K9 handler in AZ working Dutch Shepherd named Lotus

Re: only because they made me

Post by coyotesfan97 »

Hi Mike I worked a hard headed Mal before I got my current striped partner.
Ron S. and Lotus
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: only because they made me

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hey Mike,

Maybe its a girl thing, I like the stripes too. Although I did have a mal and he was great.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: only because they made me

Post by alspyce »

Welcome----the stripes grow on you.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: only because they made me

Post by felixone123 »

welcome and your signature is cute, but I don't think so........... :D
Barbara, Odin & Kai
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: only because they made me

Post by GSDNanny »

Welcome, your wife is in good company here. We are all prejudiced to stripes!!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: only because they made me

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Mike.
My husband was a total malinois man. Heck, my first working dog was a malinois too, and a good one at that. But we have both developed a preference for the clear thinking ability of the Dutch shepherd, vs the do first, think later mentality of the dumber yellow cousins. :mrgreen:
(there...that should teach you not to boast the dumber cousins as superior on a brindle board) :twisted: :yernuts: :g_wink:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply