Hi from the East Coast
-
kai2012
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 am
- Tell us about yourself: Happily married with 2 grown boys and a 6 month old Dutch Shepherd. She is a love but can drive you crazy with her never ending energy!
Hi from the East Coast
My husband and I are empty nesters and we just lost our beloved dog (not a Dutch Shepherd) last November after 11 years. Kai came into our lives in February of this year as an 8 week old puppy. She is now 7 months old and such a joy to have. A challenge on some days but we love her so much! I am so happy to have found this forum and to read all the comments. It is really helpful to hear from other owners. I am truly amazed at how smart this breed is and how quickly they can learn just about anything.
Kathy and Kai
-
Drizlaru
- Green Dog
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
- Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.
Re: Hi from the East Coast
Welcome to the Forums! You've come to the right place if your looking for DS info!
Where on the East Coast are ye?
Where on the East Coast are ye?
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
Ben MacDonald
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hi from the East Coast
Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
kai2012
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 am
- Tell us about yourself: Happily married with 2 grown boys and a 6 month old Dutch Shepherd. She is a love but can drive you crazy with her never ending energy!
Re: Hi from the East Coast
Thanks for the welcome! I am in Massachusetts. I tried to add a picture of Kai in the avatar section but it tells me my picture is too big. Any advice????
Kathy and Kai
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Hi from the East Coast
Hi and welcome!! I have a Kai too and he is a male about 7-8 months. I also have Odin who is in the avatar pic.
Yes, they are smart little demons, eh?
Yes, they are smart little demons, eh?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
-
jjohnsice
- Puppy
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 pm
- Tell us about yourself: jsut lost my maggie p of 14 yrs, never knew what breed she was until someone on a degenerative mylthopia noticed her pics and told me what she was. the most loyal, intelligent, athleic, loving dog a person could ever ask for.
- Location: Little Rock,AR
- Contact:
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s


Facebook page.


Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 