Hi from the East Coast

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
kai2012
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 am
Tell us about yourself: Happily married with 2 grown boys and a 6 month old Dutch Shepherd. She is a love but can drive you crazy with her never ending energy!

Hi from the East Coast

Post by kai2012 »

My husband and I are empty nesters and we just lost our beloved dog (not a Dutch Shepherd) last November after 11 years. Kai came into our lives in February of this year as an 8 week old puppy. She is now 7 months old and such a joy to have. A challenge on some days but we love her so much! I am so happy to have found this forum and to read all the comments. It is really helpful to hear from other owners. I am truly amazed at how smart this breed is and how quickly they can learn just about anything.
Kathy and Kai
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Re: Hi from the East Coast

Post by Drizlaru »

Welcome to the Forums! You've come to the right place if your looking for DS info!

Where on the East Coast are ye?
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hi from the East Coast

Post by alspyce »

Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
kai2012
Just Whelped
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 am
Tell us about yourself: Happily married with 2 grown boys and a 6 month old Dutch Shepherd. She is a love but can drive you crazy with her never ending energy!

Re: Hi from the East Coast

Post by kai2012 »

Thanks for the welcome! I am in Massachusetts. I tried to add a picture of Kai in the avatar section but it tells me my picture is too big. Any advice????
Kathy and Kai
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hi from the East Coast

Post by felixone123 »

Hi and welcome!! I have a Kai too and he is a male about 7-8 months. I also have Odin who is in the avatar pic.

Yes, they are smart little demons, eh?
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hi from the East Coast

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :)
Image
jjohnsice
Puppy
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 pm
Tell us about yourself: jsut lost my maggie p of 14 yrs, never knew what breed she was until someone on a degenerative mylthopia noticed her pics and told me what she was. the most loyal, intelligent, athleic, loving dog a person could ever ask for.
Location: Little Rock,AR
Contact:

Re: Hi from the East Coast

Post by jjohnsice »

the smartest dogs for sure.
john h
the departed maggie p
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hi from the East Coast

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome! I am in CT!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hi from the East Coast

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Kathy and Kai.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply