Hello everyone,
I just found this forum. I have my second dutchie now, Femke. I've always been a GSD person but my first DS, Jenny found me many yrs ago and after her, I just wanted another DS! I found Femke through DS rescue and she is wonderful. I'm an agility buff so the breed is perfect for me. I'm now obsessed with all things brindle and have a brindle (actually tiger) clicker, blanket, toys, etc.. I'd like to see this breed thrive. Not just because of the brindle! I'm currently researching breeders. We have an active Schutzhund club in my region so I'd be happy to dive into that too.
Happy to be here!
Lisa in Pa
new here with my second Dutch
-
dutchiemom
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have my second dutchie now, Femke. I've always been a GSD person but my first dutchie, Jenny, found me 20 yrs. ago and now I'm hooked!
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: new here with my second Dutch
uh oh, another addicted victim !!! Cute arent they!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: new here with my second Dutch
Welcome!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
-
GreatRembrandt
- Puppy
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.
Re: new here with my second Dutch
welcome from me and the striped rembrandt!
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
- k9katet
- Training Dog
- Posts: 443
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
- Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility. - Location: Minnesota
- Contact:
Re: new here with my second Dutch
Hmmm, tiger themed STUFF. I'm liking that idea.
Welcome Lisa. I've read your posts about Femke on some email lists. CU maybe? Or DogRead?
Welcome Lisa. I've read your posts about Femke on some email lists. CU maybe? Or DogRead?
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
http://www.k9katet.com


Facebook page.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 