Hello from CT!
- Jrex
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: New to the breed with a 6 month old Dutch named Adolf
Hello from CT!
Hello! I am new to the breed but I have a wonderful 6 month old shepherd. It's been really interesting so far!
Jen & Adolf :)
- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
Re: Hello from CT!
Welcome to the forum!
I'm a DS newbie, myself, I have a pup who's not quite 5 months old yet. I've found this a great place to get information, advice, humor, and enjoyment in my time here.
Looking forward to hearing more about and seeing some pictures of your pup!
(everyone here is a junkie for pictures!
)
Looking forward to hearing more about and seeing some pictures of your pup!
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
- Jrex
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: New to the breed with a 6 month old Dutch named Adolf
Re: Hello from CT!
Thanks! I've had many different breeds in the past and this is by far the most interesting. I'd love to post more pics 
Jen & Adolf :)
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hello from CT!
Hey Jrex !! Where in Ct are you??? im in Ct.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hello from CT!
Welcome here Jrex from CT. Are you male? Female? Did your parents give you a name before you became Jrex?
I hope you don't mind signing your posts. You can create a signature via your user control panel, top left of page, so you don't have to remember to sign every time.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- Jrex
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: New to the breed with a 6 month old Dutch named Adolf
Re: Hello from CT!
I'm near MysticDutchringgirl wrote:Hey Jrex !! Where in Ct are you??? im in Ct.
Jen & Adolf :)
- Jrex
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: New to the breed with a 6 month old Dutch named Adolf
Re: Hello from CT!
haha, female and the name is Jen. Still working out the lay outvneerland wrote:Welcome here Jrex from CT. Are you male? Female? Did your parents give you a name before you became Jrex?I hope you don't mind signing your posts. You can create a signature via your user control panel, top left of page, so you don't have to remember to sign every time.
Jen & Adolf :)
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hello from CT!
Mystic, about hour and a half from us.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hello from CT!
Welcome
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Hello from CT!
Welcome!
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- credto
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 am
- Tell us about yourself: avid dog care giver and novice trainer
- Location: Montesano
- Contact:
Re: Hello from CT!
Welcome Jen & Adolf ,
I have only had one Dutchie and he has been an energetic blast. 

Tom & Teri
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Hello from CT!
How can anything in CT be an hour and a half away from anything else in CT?? Its SO TINY.Dutchringgirl wrote:Mystic, about hour and a half from us.
Oh yeah....traffic.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hello from CT!
Christie M wrote:How can anything in CT be an hour and a half away from anything else in CT?? Its SO TINY.Dutchringgirl wrote:Mystic, about hour and a half from us.
Oh yeah....traffic.
And there are no straight roads, you have to zig zag to get anywhere
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hello from CT!
And only go 30 MPH through all those quaint little towns. 
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric


Facebook page.