My vote is on whippet cross, lurcher would be my term for him... just based off of his structure, he looks quite narrow in build and slight in the chestial regions.
HE'S SOOOOOO CUTE. He should have a badge of honorary Dutch shepherd. I may or may not have poked his nose with my finger on my computer screen and said 'boop' I hope I'm not the only one who does these things.
Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
- Lavish
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm
- Tell us about yourself: (Animal) Crazy people of the north ;)
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
Jessica and Jetson
- Kristie E
- Training Dog
- Posts: 321
- Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
- Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
- dutchringdog
- Green Dog
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:41 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a single mom with two great children and a lovely DS
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
HAHAHA, I bet he really enjoyed the dead fish too!!!!
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
He is adorable
and thanks for adopting.
I do not think that his brindle comes from a Dutch Shepherd though.
I can fully understand the sighthound (whippet?) x GSD cross label. He has the head of shepherd kind of dog. If the ears decide to stand (ah! And there are tips for that too, in case they need help) he will look the part. He could grow into the lanky body, but what sways my vote away from the DS heritage, is the excessive (for DS's) white. I do not see bulldog with legs like that. I expect sighthound x herder.
I do not think that his brindle comes from a Dutch Shepherd though.
I can fully understand the sighthound (whippet?) x GSD cross label. He has the head of shepherd kind of dog. If the ears decide to stand (ah! And there are tips for that too, in case they need help) he will look the part. He could grow into the lanky body, but what sways my vote away from the DS heritage, is the excessive (for DS's) white. I do not see bulldog with legs like that. I expect sighthound x herder.
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Is my dog a Dutch Sheperd?
For the ears - The nose strips work great! just watch what glue you use, some have a horrible smell!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT






Facebook page.