Hi, just joined.

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Marbled Muffin
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 am
Tell us about yourself: My family and I are first time Dutch Shepherd owners. We recently purchased Mae from a breeder in GA. We are enjoying her very much! She is 15 weeks now and so so smart! When she is older I hope to have her as my new running partner, and my husband hopes to do agility with her. :-)

Hi, just joined.

Post by Marbled Muffin »

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum and I am a new Dutch Shepherd owner. My husband and I recently purchased our puppy from a breeder in Georgia. She is now 15 weeks. We sadly had to put our Boxer to sleep at a young age due to bad hips and luxating patellas (he was a rescue.) We miss him very much :cry: . We researched many different breeds, but Dutch Shepherds have always had my attention. We really wanted a breed that is super active, highly trainable, and isn't known for having many health issues; the Dutch Shepherd dog seemed like an amazing fit. We have had Mae since April 10, 2011, and are loving it. We are working on her mouthiness, though. When she older I hope to have her as my new running partner, and my husband would love to do agility with her. :)
Mae's Mama <3

Mae
Dutch Shepherd / Female
DOB: January 22, 2011
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hi, just joined.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome and have fun with your new puppy! Sorry about your Boxer. Always sad to loose a dog.

I hope to see some pics soon!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
dutchringdog
Green Dog
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:41 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a single mom with two great children and a lovely DS

Re: Hi, just joined.

Post by dutchringdog »

Welcome!!! Sorry too about your Boxer. You will be very happy with your DS!!!
Lisa , Thalie, Sadie
Image
http://www.designsbyclyne.com
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hi, just joined.

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome!

Congratulations on your new DS puppy, and very sorry for your loss of your Boxer. That always sucks.

So, what's your name? :)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hi, just joined.

Post by Christie M »

Hi there!
Welcome to the group!

Where in GA are you located? We are in Cooekville, TN which is only 3 hours from Atlanta and just over an hour from Chattanooga (which I know is still TN, but it's right on the GA boarder and I am geographically challenged!! What breeder in GA did you get your kid from??

We always LOVE to see pictures, so please do share.

Also, as Leih mentioned, we alway appreciate knowing the posters name as well as the pet's! Its an easy thing to add to your signature!

Thanks again fro joining!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hi, just joined.

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :dslook:
Image
User avatar
Kristie E
Training Dog
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 am
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: Hi, just joined.

Post by Kristie E »

Hola! Sorry to hear about your loss... So Glad you have chosen a new stripey friend!
:dssmile:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hi, just joined.

Post by vneerland »

Welcome. I too am curious about your name, and what bloodline/breeder your Mae is from. 8-)
Looking forward to seeing pictures.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply