My name is Eva. I adopted a 1 year old male Dutch Shepherd last July. I am originally from Germany, moved to the US in 1992 and currently live in Jupiter, FL. I trained a GSD to SchutzhundI in Germany, many, many years ago. Had in the meantime two black Labs, Ben & Jerry. One passed last year and I adopted "Marco" (named after the famous Dutch soccer player Marco Van Baasten ).
I joined the forum to communicate with other DS owners. I am also a member of the German DS forum under the same screen name.
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Welcome, Eva...and don't be shy with the pictures!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen" And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic". We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Oh, I'm green...you have a water lover!! Handsome, too!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.
OMG, I almost fell off my chair at that Lochness picture - that is HILARIOUS! I think Marco could have been a contender for "The Look" photo contest - he is very intense! ANd I love the picture of that poor Lab - he just wore the swim instructor slap out, didn't he??? Funny!!
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Marco's "swim instructor", my senior Lab Jerry, swims every morning for about an hour in a quiet saltwater lagoon.
Jerry 13.JPG
At first, Marco wasn't all that crazy about the water but when he saw Jerry "showing off", he got so mad that he went all in. Now I can't get him out of the water! If you like, you can see him "in action" on youtube (link in signature).