Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.
Judith, yeh, I chopped off the head of a cottonmouth last week at my little farm. The critters, snakes included, are moving toward water from the areas that are now dry which means they have to cross my farm to get to the bayou. This guy hesitated a little too long and WALLAHH!! Off with his head! Oh and someone asked, did you make sure he was poisonous first by turning him over and checking his butt scales? YEH RIGHT!! Right after I chopped off his head and knew he was dead! But I pretty well know what is poisonous or friendly at the farm although a few harmless ones do get killed by accident sometimes if I am not certain.
Love the Republic of Texas!! Especially Austin. Hubby and I have looked in the Jasper - Silsbee area to move if all heck ever breaks loose! I do carry a Glock in my truck at all times and have a shotgun on the ATV at the farm. Our vehicles are an extension of our homes so fire arms are allowed. My children and grandchildren learn at a very early age how to shoot and primarily safety issues. I wont go into politics further on this one as I have strong beliefs that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They will have to pry my cold dead hands from mine!
Love the Republic of Texas!! Especially Austin. Hubby and I have looked in the Jasper - Silsbee area to move if all heck ever breaks loose! I do carry a Glock in my truck at all times and have a shotgun on the ATV at the farm. Our vehicles are an extension of our homes so fire arms are allowed. My children and grandchildren learn at a very early age how to shoot and primarily safety issues. I wont go into politics further on this one as I have strong beliefs that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They will have to pry my cold dead hands from mine!
We have a "use of deadly force" law in Florida, i.e. if someone breaks into your property (vehicles are also "extensions" of homes) you can shoot the bastard. A police officer stated though it's best to "finish" them off to avoid any arguments in court. Too funny, in the German HH forum is a recent thread about dog warning signs on your property and resulting legal issues when someone gets hurt trying to break in. A burglar won a lawsuit against a homeowner because he broke his angle on his property! Wouldn't have happened in Texas or Florida!
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.
I know of a case in Michigan where a dobe took off several of the criminals fingers as he was breaking into the house. They had signs posted saying beware of dog... he took them to court and won because they "knowingly kept" a vicious dog as proven by the signs... I HATE MI and their stupid laws that are skewed against people who own large dogs ... ugh.. don't get me started... anyway... This is why I have a gun and a shot gun so I won't have to worry that some @$#^$^@4 is gonna be able to put my dog down for doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to.
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind. Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32. Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.