Hi

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
ash1975
Just Whelped
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:27 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi i got my dog missy last year at my vet,my friend worked their and a guy who was breeding these dogs could not get rid of two females,so she called me and i went and picked one up for free and named her Missy,I had no idea what dog i just brought home,but with alot of research on the web and reading this website we are both learning about each other.
Location: Nags Head NC

Hi

Post by ash1975 »

Hi from Nags Head NC. I have a DS and her name is Missy she is One Years old . She loves the beach.
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hi

Post by Dutchringgirl »

:dssmile: Hi Ash!! Welcome. We must have pictures !! :dssmile:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hi

Post by vneerland »

Woo! Just survived a hurricane, didn't you?
Welcome. Do you have a name? (let me guess...Ash?) Ir you don't mind, you can create a signature line, so you don't have to keep on putting your name under your many many (we hope) posts. ;)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hi

Post by Marjolein »

Hi Ash :)
Image
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hi

Post by alspyce »

Welcome--got pictures????
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hi

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
ash1975
Just Whelped
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:27 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi i got my dog missy last year at my vet,my friend worked their and a guy who was breeding these dogs could not get rid of two females,so she called me and i went and picked one up for free and named her Missy,I had no idea what dog i just brought home,but with alot of research on the web and reading this website we are both learning about each other.
Location: Nags Head NC

Re: Hi

Post by ash1975 »

Oh sorry my name is scott,and im trying to learn how to send pics,it keeps saying the file is to big,i have windows vista,as soon as i fig it out ill put some up.
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hi

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ahh yes, the file upload issue! Go the FAQ section and it should help you out. It's not so bad...really : )

Besides that, WELCOME! Can't wait to see the pics!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hi

Post by icvanstra »

File size ... check out the FAQ and it will give you hints.

We have numerous members who are still internet challenged and cannot get high speed where they live yet. So to be fair we ask that the photo's be made smaller (file size) the dimensional size of the image doesn't really matter, but I would suggest that it be something easily viewable on the internet.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hi

Post by leih merigian »

Hi! Welcome and looking forward to those pics<G>
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Post Reply