Greetings from South Florida!
- saraandciara
- Puppy
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a semi-new owner of 4 month old Ciara (pronounced kee-rah), who is a rough and tumble pup. I could use some help adapting to this breed (my boyfriend and I were told that she was an Australian Kelpie mix...boy were we in for a surprise!). Looking forward to meeting you all! :)
- Location: Boca Raton, FL
Greetings from South Florida!
Hello everyone! My name is Sara. My pup, Ciara, is 4 months old. At first, my boyfriend and I were told that she was an Australian Kelpie/Shepherd mix. We weren't so sure, and starting searching around, and sure enough, she looks JUST like a Dutchie! I'm learning about the breed (gorgeous dogs) and am here to talk to other DS owners in terms of behavioral/general tips in how to handle my "little monster!" She has the sweetest disposition, but is also part piranha. Any help will be appreciated! Happy to be here! 
~Sara
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: Greetings from South Florida!
Ha ha, I remember those days!! It does get better. I just kept stuffing a toy or something I did want her to chew on in her mouth.saraandciara wrote: is also part piranha. Any help will be appreciated!
Welcome, cute little pup.
Sue (and Sugar)

- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Greetings from South Florida!
welcome!! ahh yes. I still have a crappy towel that Sadie is allowed to "kill"
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- saraandciara
- Puppy
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a semi-new owner of 4 month old Ciara (pronounced kee-rah), who is a rough and tumble pup. I could use some help adapting to this breed (my boyfriend and I were told that she was an Australian Kelpie mix...boy were we in for a surprise!). Looking forward to meeting you all! :)
- Location: Boca Raton, FL
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Greetings from South Florida!
I apologize that you may be reading this for the millionth time. But there are many situations where the initial rules have been overlooked and this is being posted on every post were either one of these issues have been forgone. Yes, this is a form message cause there are too any places to post this for me to personalize it.
Please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature with your name so that people can identify you with something other than you login. This is a forum rule.
Please also introduce yourself in the Intro section if you have not already done so.
We have very little rules, but if you have not conformed to BOTH of these, please do so before posting on the forum again.
Please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature with your name so that people can identify you with something other than you login. This is a forum rule.
Please also introduce yourself in the Intro section if you have not already done so.
We have very little rules, but if you have not conformed to BOTH of these, please do so before posting on the forum again.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Greetings from South Florida!
Welcome to Sara and Chiara (pretty name!) I have not found if you had posted other pictures yet, but that avatar picture looks like a very cute silhouette. 
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- saraandciara
- Puppy
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a semi-new owner of 4 month old Ciara (pronounced kee-rah), who is a rough and tumble pup. I could use some help adapting to this breed (my boyfriend and I were told that she was an Australian Kelpie mix...boy were we in for a surprise!). Looking forward to meeting you all! :)
- Location: Boca Raton, FL
Re: Greetings from South Florida!
Hi Judith-I posted pics somewhere on the board...probably under puppies hehe thanks!
~Sara
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Greetings from South Florida!
HI, glad you found us!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric


Facebook page.
