New Member to here.

For our new members to introduce themselves
mike
Just Whelped
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike and I have a female Belgian Malinois and a male German Shepherd. I've lived in S. Florida for almost my entire life.

New Member to here.

Post by mike »

Hello All,

I am the proud owner of a Malinois and a German Shepherd, down here in S. Florida.
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: New Member to here.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hey Mike, Welcome!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: New Member to here.

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Mike. Any plans to add a brindle to your private herding group? :)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: New Member to here.

Post by kchristy »

Welcome! We like pictures :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: New Member to here.

Post by Marjolein »

welcome :dssmile:
Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: New Member to here.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: New Member to here.

Post by Jan »

Welcome.
Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: New Member to here.

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
mike
Just Whelped
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike and I have a female Belgian Malinois and a male German Shepherd. I've lived in S. Florida for almost my entire life.

Re: New Member to here.

Post by mike »

vneerland wrote:Welcome Mike. Any plans to add a brindle to your private herding group? :)
I am sorry for the slow response. I am planning on adding a Dutch Shepherd to the family.

When I signed up on the forum(November 2011) my mind was in distress over some very bad news about my German Shepherds(Ozzy) health. He was diagnosed with an untreatable cancer and he died a few weeks ago at the age of 7.

I wasn't sure that I wanted to get another dog until recently. Our Malinois is acting like she got older since Ozzy is gone and she is only 7. He was clearly the instigator of a lot of the fun things that went on in our house and he was a true companion in every sense of the word, for us and our little girl Malinois.

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: New Member to here.

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Way too early to go.......

This darn cancer, I lost a Lab to bone cancer in June 2010. But he was over 12. I thought, I would loose his lifelong buddy (also Lab about same age) but then I rescued a DS and he perked up quite a bit.

In our case, the 'new addition' was the best theraphy, for both of us.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: New Member to here.

Post by kchristy »

Welcome and sorry for your loss :(
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: New Member to here.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Sorry to hear about Ozzy. I also lost a dog to cancer at a young age, but it's never easy. :(
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: New Member to here.

Post by leih merigian »

So very sorry for your loss.

I know the timing of getting a pup after such a loss is a very individual thing, but for me, after the loss of my own GSD, the hole in my heart didn't even begin to heal until I got my DS pup, 18 long months later.

Whatever timing works for you, we'll be here and happy to learn all about the newest member of your family :)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: New Member to here.

Post by felixone123 »

Sorry to hear about Ozzy. The pic of him is just gorgeous. Hope you heal soon.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: New Member to here.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Yes, so sorry about your loss. Beautiful dog!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: New Member to here.

Post by Jan »

Very sad to read this story, it's hard to loose your dog like this. Nice photo from your dog.
Image
mike
Just Whelped
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike and I have a female Belgian Malinois and a male German Shepherd. I've lived in S. Florida for almost my entire life.

Re: New Member to here.

Post by mike »

Here our newest member to our family. We rescued him back in June.
Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: New Member to here.

Post by leih merigian »

congrats on your new GSD!

So, no DS, eh? :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: New Member to here.

Post by vneerland »

LOL. All of a sudden thinking about the large number of people (not into dogs) who think a Dutch Shepherd is a GSD that came from Holland. ;) I doubt Mike is one of them, but this crossed my mind, Leih, when you said "no DS".
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: New Member to here.

Post by leih merigian »

vneerland wrote:LOL. All of a sudden thinking about the large number of people (not into dogs) who think a Dutch Shepherd is a GSD that came from Holland. ;)
:lol: That though had never occurred to me!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Post Reply