Hello from Alabama

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Congoman
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:46 am
Tell us about yourself: Young American that has experience with big aggressive dogs. Now I've decided to take my chance with a Dutch Sheperd. Will be training a young male in personal protection. Looking forward to this challenge.

Hello from Alabama

Post by Congoman »

Hey guys I'm an experienced dog handler that's taking my first shot at the Dutch Sheperd come tomorrow. Picking up my 4 month old pup tomorrow. He's off true working lines and I like how both his Sire and Dam work. I plan on training him in Basic Obedience and Personal Protection. Hopefully he takes to the training well and gives me years of pleasure.
Congoman
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: Hello from Alabama

Post by Olie »

Welcome Congo! I cant wait to see your puppy!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Alabama

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Welcome!
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello from Alabama

Post by alspyce »

Welcome !!! Don't forget the pictures! Where's your pup coming from?
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
mariposa34
Puppy
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:24 am
Tell us about yourself: Tai, Mom of 1 year old beautiful Raven FYI she has no OFF SWITCH! And 8 year old cutie pie Terra the West Highland Terrier aka The Fun Police or Officer Grumpy Tail.
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Hello from Alabama

Post by mariposa34 »

Hi can't wait to see the pic's!
Tai, mom of Terra ( 8yr old F. Westie) and Raven (9mnth old F. Dutch)
Congoman
Just Whelped
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:46 am
Tell us about yourself: Young American that has experience with big aggressive dogs. Now I've decided to take my chance with a Dutch Sheperd. Will be training a young male in personal protection. Looking forward to this challenge.

Re: Hello from Alabama

Post by Congoman »

alspyce wrote:Welcome !!! Don't forget the pictures! Where's your pup coming from?
He's coming from a friend of mine who's been training protection dogs for over 30 years.
Congoman
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from Alabama

Post by vneerland »

Welcome "Congoman".
Would you be so kind as to post a brief intro in the new member section? You can also create a signature there so you don't have to remember to sign a name to your posts ever time ;)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply